Respected Contributor

Re: Revlon Colorstay Gel envy

I started a thread not too long ago that the Revlon Nail Envy made my nails peel. I'm back to trying to grow out and repair my nails too. Makes me mad that I ruined them.

Respected Contributor

On 8/25/2014 mima said:

I started a thread not too long ago that the Revlon Nail Envy made my nails peel. I'm back to trying to grow out and repair my nails too. Makes me mad that I ruined them.

Thanks for the update. I haven't used this yet but recently purchased it. I hope that my nails don't peel. My nails never grow anyway but definitely don't need them to end up in worse condition.

Honored Contributor

I am absolutely wild about Revoln's Gel Envy polish!! This is the only stuff that stays on my nails perfectly, going on 2 full weeks! I've been using several different colors of Gel Envy this summer and really, really love it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Gel Envy was awful for me, did not last more than a nano second!!!

Regular Contributor

Mima, it must have been your post that I remembered. It is more than annoying to have to start over. I did purchase the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel and currently have it on my toes. One thing about that set is that the top coat picks up the color on the brush, even when I make sure it is dry. I did go to Walgreen's to pick up a couple Sinful colors. They were back to $1.99, but if they work for me, they will still be a bargain.
Regular Contributor

ppsstt... try the Sally Hansen Miracle gel topcoat over regular polish. I had my essie mani last for a week, with barely any tip wear. I slapped on a few coats, waited a few and topped with the gel topcoat, put my hands in the sun for about 5 minutes TA DA fantab mani.

And it comes off like regular polish.

I am currently using it over a OPI polish, and it looks great. it did transfer a bit onto the brush, but nothing major.

Extra bonus.. I don't have to re-buy a bunch of polish!

Regular Contributor

I LOVE Revlon gel envy! I can easily go two weeks between manicures and it does come off easily. love it!
Super Contributor

The Revlon worked great for me! I am testing Vinylux now to compare.
Esteemed Contributor

I currently have .99 cent sinful colours on. It is a week old and not one chip. Also no top coat. I can't justify paying high prices for nail polish anymore.