Honored Contributor

Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Again)

SOMEwhere in this forum, I have a thread praising the staying power of this foundation.  I did a search for Revlon and my user name and couldn't find the one I was looking for, SO...

I'm still loving this foundation and now that it's gotten good and hot (but not nearly as hot as it will get here in muggy east Texas), I'm finding to be even more amazing!  In the past when I'd have to blot the sweat off my face and had my UD setting spray on, I'd get a little foundation transfer on my paper towel but not as much as if I wasn't using the setting spray.  The other day I didn't use a setting spray and blotted my sweaty face with a paper towel.  NO foundation transfer!  Foundation goes on well over a primer but when I added Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel under my primer...WOWZER!  Not only did it go on even better but looked and felt like velvet.  My mother even commented on my complexion.  I told her about the "velvet" feel and she said, "that's what it looks like". 

Now that I've found another HG foundation, PLEASE don't let it fall from grace or change formulas!  If it does, at least buying multiple bottles before it's all gone will be 1/4 of the price.

Respected Contributor

Re: Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Again)

@monicakm wrote:

SOMEwhere in this forum, I have a thread praising the staying power of this foundation.  I did a search for Revlon and my user name and couldn't find the one I was looking for, SO...

I'm still loving this foundation and now that it's gotten good and hot (but not nearly as hot as it will get here in muggy east Texas), I'm finding to be even more amazing!  In the past when I'd have to blot the sweat off my face and had my UD setting spray on, I'd get a little foundation transfer on my paper towel but not as much as if I wasn't using the setting spray.  The other day I didn't use a setting spray and blotted my sweaty face with a paper towel.  NO foundation transfer!  Foundation goes on well over a primer but when I added Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel under my primer...WOWZER!  Not only did it go on even better but looked and felt like velvet.  My mother even commented on my complexion.  I told her about the "velvet" feel and she said, "that's what it looks like". 

Now that I've found another HG foundation, PLEASE don't let it fall from grace or change formulas!  If it does, at least buying multiple bottles before it's all gone will be 1/4 of the price.

Thank you very much for your informative post. I have never heard of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water gel...could you please let me know what it is?

Honored Contributor

Here ya go...

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Hydro Boost Water Gel instantly quenches dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. The unique water gel formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day.

Naturally found in the skin, hydrating hyaluronic acid acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin.
  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Purified Hyaluronic acid
  • Wearable under makeup

Neutragena Hydro Boost

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Here ya go...

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Hydro Boost Water Gel instantly quenches dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day. The unique water gel formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. It boosts skin's hydration level and locks it in all day.

Naturally found in the skin, hydrating hyaluronic acid acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, moisturizing with up to 1,000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin.
  • Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Purified Hyaluronic acid
  • Wearable under makeup

Neutragena Hydro Boost

Thank you! I will be looking for it. A new one to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I've thought about trying this foundation next, after I run out of my (discontinued) current favorite.  I tried the one in the jar before, but I don't remember why I didn't repurchase.  I'd like to try the one in the bottle for dry skin.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I've thought about trying this foundation next, after I run out of my (discontinued) current favorite.  I tried the one in the jar before, but I don't remember why I didn't repurchase.  I'd like to try the one in the bottle for dry skin.

Revlon reformulated the foundations added a pump. Regardless of the moisturizer used assure you that this is long wearing. I use Hard Candys setting spray YouTube videos reviews are helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  My Elf order still isn't here yet, but there is a setting spray in there.  Hopefully it will be good, but if it doesn't work, I'll try the Hard Candy one.  Smiley Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  My Elf order still isn't here yet, but there is a setting spray in there.  Hopefully it will be good, but if it doesn't work, I'll try the Hard Candy one.  Smiley Happy

ELF another excellent brand. Love! Their brushes. Figi blush n bronze duo. Hard Candys setting spray highly recommended.

Honored Contributor

I tried the whipped version  in the jar too.  Bought it during the winter.  It was more than "ok" and I even got compliments on it but it was a bit too heavy and you needed to blend a LOT.  It did look nice but I like the liquid a whole lot better!