Honored Contributor

Revlon ColorStay Oil/Combo in Bottle vs New Version in the Tube

I've been using and am happy with the Revlon Oily/Combo 24 Hour Colorstay for years.  In fact, you guys helped me find a foundation after Sephora changed their formulation. 

Now there is a new Colorstay formula that comes in a squeeze bottle.  Thicker.  Again claims to be 24 hour.  It's not full coverage tho.  It claims it is  .Does anyone know if the company is going to stop with the original formula in the bottle for the new "full coverage matte" in the tube?  Just got it today so haven't had a good chance to give it a full workout.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Revlon ColorStay Oil/Combo in Bottle vs New Version in the Tube

You might look on the packaging for a toll-free number or email address and ask them.  Or look at their website or google your question.  There is a lot of info out there waiting to be found.

That didn't answer your question though.  IMO the change of packaging probably means the old product (in cylindrical glass bottles, right?) will be discontinued but I could be wrong..HTH

Valued Contributor

Re: Revlon ColorStay Oil/Combo in Bottle vs New Version in the Tube

I have read that the Revlon ColorStay Full Cover is the same formula as the discontinued ColorStay Whipped foundation that came in a jar.  It is different than the ColorStay in the glass bottles which I doubt they will discontinue since it is still a popular product.  However, one never knows what cosmetic companies are going to do.  I really like the Full Cover in the squeeze tube and find it to be full coverage on my skin.  I was wearing it today and got a compliment from a woman who is 13 years younger than me.  Smiley Happy