Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews on JM's Tinted SPF 47???

hmm, I am not getting the tsv but am curious about the tinted spf but reviews just seem so mixed it is hard to get a good sense of how it would work for me colorwise. Hopefully sephora will carry it soon so I can get a sample.

Super Contributor

I am fair with pink tones and I have to mix the regular SPF with the tinted to tone it down. When I put it on alone I looked reddish brown, not a good look for me. Mixing the two is perfect.

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

will the tinted version cover melasma - sun damage - hyperpigmentation

any of that?

Check out the ASDM thread. There are several ladies with melasma who are using the lightening products and Vit C products. I also found a seller on ebay for ASDM who will soon be selling samples of their products. I will post the info on the ASDM thread when she gets them and posts them.

Trusted Contributor

I did not like the original untinted (too thick for my preference) but loved the original P&P (tinted version) I am optimistic that I will also like this reformulated tinted P&P in this TSV.

I have light to a light/medium (in the summer months sometimes) skin tone with strong pink (cool) under-tone. The original Protect and Perfect tinted worked well with my skin. It is light coverage yet it did even out my skin just enough for my taste, I really do not like anything heavy on my skin anymore and the tinted P&P is just perfect.

If you need more than light coverage, the tinted P&P might not be enough, depending on what you need it to cover but it worked well on my age spots and some redness, if that helps anyone. I never felt it looked at all orange on me.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/26/2014 Katluvr58 said:

any of that?

Check out the ASDM thread. There are several ladies with melasma who are using the lightening products and Vit C products. I also found a seller on ebay for ASDM who will soon be selling samples of their products. I will post the info on the ASDM thread when she gets them and posts them.

Kat - would you also give me a heads up when that seller starts posting them. I'd like to try the lightening products and their microderm. I stopped following the ASDM thread once it got so long causing me to loss track after being off the BB for some time.

Thanks, my dear - I'd be mighty appreciative.Wink

Trusted Contributor

I am fair with pink tones and I have to mix the regular SPF with the tinted to tone it down. When I put it on alone I looked reddish brown, not a good look for me. Mixing the two is perfect.

Thanks, Katluvr58. This means the TSV is a no-go for me. I am also fair with cool tones, and the last thing I need is something reddish brown for my face. Your post was very helpful to me. Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Thanks, kat. This is helpful to know.

And Wackers, thank you! Great info, too, for those making a decision.

Honored Contributor

I will try mixing. I like that idea.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

any of that?

No, the new version is still quite sheer and does not cover my sun damage, which is
not dark to begin with. I consider it sun protection and hydration. I apply my regular foundation over it. The tinted formula isn't great with my skin -- I have slight yellow undertones and it still imparts a pinkish tone. I am going to try to mix it with the untinted and use it that way.

Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for the replies........

I do use her spf 47 and actually LOVE it - I mix that with a dot of SKINN's Caramel CC Cream for a foundation color and it is PERFECT and I have skin protection

The color of her tinted spf looks like the tint in the Ti-Silc 42 which I also use - which that too I will mix a bit of SKINN's Caramel for foundation

anyway - just ordered TWO of her kits........ some for me, some, for gifts