Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Reviews of Sunday Riley Products?

This product is new to me, I have never heard of it. Wondering what people who have tried it think of it? The Vitamin C product and the Good News product? It is expensive so I don't want to try it without knowing what people think.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reviews of Sunday Riley Products?

[ Edited ]

I actually use the Luna Oil and Good Genes products and they work very well for me. No irritation and they work like they advertise. I started out with samples from Sephora. I have sampled the Ceramide cream and ordered the full size tonight.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

That was fast, just settled with the FTC and QVC snaps them up.  A little tainted.

Respected Contributor

I have gotten several samples from Sephora over the years. I had very high hopes.

Overall not bad products but for the price I was not thrilled with my 'not bad' rating.  I have found similar products from other companies that work just as well if not better for le$$

Respected Contributor

With the REVIEW SCAMS they pulled last year,  not even a little bit interested in this brand.

Trusted Contributor

Her company was nailed by the FTC last year for writing their own positive reviews of their products.   Knowing that, I would NEVER consider using her products. 

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Her company was nailed by the FTC last year for writing their own positive reviews of their products.   Knowing that, I would NEVER consider using her products. 

Why is the Q handling her products if she is not on the up and up! I did try the Good Genes last year and thought it was a good product, but not good enough to order again. I certainly will not order ever again if indeed this scam review thing is true. It's sad, I guess anything goes now these days as long as it generates big bucks.

Honored Contributor

watched a little--sounded like a hundred other brands---same ole, same ole---not interested.

Trusted Contributor

CNN and others did stories on her and her company!

"The Commission's investigation confirmed the whistleblower's claim and found that the scheme to generate fake reviews of Sunday Riley products involved Ms. Riley herself," FTC commissioners Rohit Chopra and Rebecca Kelly Slaughter said in a letter. "Rather than relying on satisfied customers to generate real buzz about her products, she directed her employees to write glowing reviews and bury negative ones, while offering detailed instructions on how to avoid detection.
The FTC shared snippets of multiple emails sent by the CEO. In these emails, Riley urged her employees to always use a "virtual private network", or VPN, before writing fake reviews so they aren't traced back to the company.
"If you see a negative review -- DISLIKE it," Riley said in one of her emails to employees. "After enough dislikes, it is removed. This directly translates to sale
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the scoop-  The prices are ridiculous anyway, I would never spend that-