Respected Contributor

Reviews brow growing products

My brows went from full and thick to thin and sparse as I aged.  I tried Rapidbrow and it worked great. I kept forgetting that you stop using it, the brows go back to the way they were so I would run out and not purchase for a while and then the brows got sparse.   I purchased on Amazon and it did not work at all like applying water and there was very little in the tube.  Then I purchased from Ulta and it took a while but my brows are now full again.  I still have to fill in especially the tail but so much better being able to use less brow product and look more natural.  I wish I had before and after pics.  After the Amazon fail with the Rapidbrown I tried Grande brow.  It did absolutely nothing.   I purchased that from Ulta so I don't think it was a fake.  I now have my brows looking pretty good so not going to try anything else and only purchase it from Ulta even though I usually can get a better price elsewhere like Amazon. Rapid brow really does work and I know the brows go back if you don't use it but one swipe on each brow at night is not a lot of work and I look so much better with brows.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reviews brow growing products

@chiclet  Thanks for recommending the Rapidbrow, my brows need some help.  It sounds like you're saying the Ulta one works but not the same product from Amazon.  That, unfortunately, seems to be a common complaint with Amazon cosmetics. I hope you reported it to them and got your money back.  About  how long does it take to see good results, with the one from Ulta?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just skimmed through the ingredients for both the RapidBrow and also the GrandeBrow products. Honestly, I can't see how that GrandeBrow can make brows thicker. The only ingredients I see which might remotely enhance brow thickness are the moisturizing things in it. As for the RapidBrow, that one contains copper peptides which are known hair growth enhancers. In fact copper peptides are used in several hair growth topicals for hair loss issues such as shampoos and conditioners which contain the peptides. Also, if you happen to use Isomers copper peptide serum and have noticed some extra peach fuzz on your face, that serum might be the reason for the extra facial hair. It was for me when I used it. 

ETA- About GrandeBrow... After doing some reading about its ingredients I found that it does indeed contain prostaglandins. Sorry about my mistake and confusion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just skimmed through the ingredients for both theRapidBroww and also theGrandeBroww products. Honestly, I can't see how that GrandeBrow can make brows thicker. The only ingredients I see which might remotely enhance brow thickness are the moisturizing things in it. As for the RapidBrow, that one contains copper peptides which are known hair growth enhancers. In fact copper peptides are used in several hair growthtopicalss for hair loss issues such as shampoos and conditioners which contain the peptides. Also, if you happen to use Isomers copper peptide serum and have noticed some extra peach fuzz on your face, that serum might be the reason for the extra facial hair. It was for me when I used it. 

So nice having someone who knows the ingredients and how they work.  You seem very knowledgeable in this area @SilleeMee.  Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you @rms1954 .

I'm a retired professional chemist in real life.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thank you @rms1954 .

I'm a retired professional chemist in real life.Woman Happy

I wanted to ask, but didn't want to be too direct or nosy.  Good to know we have a professional chemist to help us.  Appreciate it!

Valued Contributor

I have been using castor oil faithfully for several (going on four) months and have seen definite growth. My brows are gray so I use a gray gel but it's nice to have enough hairs to cover. I use it nightly.

I bought the oil from Amazon. It comes in a glass bottle with a dispenser and a brush with which to apply. Haven't tried it on my lashes because it's oily and gets in my eyes. 

Very inexpensive -- I think I paid around $8 for the bottle.

Trusted Contributor

Have to agree that the Rapidbrow does work.  I purchase from Ulta and usually have one in reserve.  Good product.  Tried other brow growth products but I prefer Rapidbrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting topic....I have just started using RevitaBrow. I am now at about day 4, so I don't expect to see results for some time. @SilleeMee By any chance, do you have an opinion about RapidBrow? I bought it from Amazon. It has a zillion great reviews.....I usually don't go for products like this, but my brows are SO sparse, I thought I'd take a leap and give it a try. 

Honored Contributor

Rapid Brow was a nightmare for me. After a month, it turned all the skin under my brow a shade of grey, took about 2 years to fade away. Buyer beware!!!!