Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews? /Advice? *Setting, or *Primer Spray?

@Katcat1 

We never needed cars or AC or an oven till they were created Smiley Wink  We never needed deodorant till it was created!

With all the skincare and makeup I use, I don't think the use of a primer is going to make any difference.

My morning routine today consisted of rinsing my face with cool water and applying SIX hydrating products (including the new Papa serum from Papa Cosmetics...K Beauty).

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

That sounds like a lot to deal with.  I'm sorry Smiley Sad

I don't know how women stand up to put on their face and do their hair.  Even if it took them all of 5 minutes, I'd have to sit down (lower back issues).  Oh oh!  I just walked 200 steps round trip to the mailbox!  I can't remember the last time I was able to do that Smiley Happy  I didn't even limp.  I love my PT guy!!!  

Back to putting on makeup.  I have a vanity (with knee space) and a vanity chair and lighted makeup mirror.  Even when I lived at home before getting married, I would sit on the toilet lid and use my makeup mirror that sat on the vanity.  I've never stood up to do my makeup.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm  Thanks for caring!

I have the utmost respect for ppl dealing with "AutoImmune Disorders." 

I have a lifetime g/f, (whose 1st baby I delivered, eons ago).. who has Lupus!  I dont envy her either.  (Wears no makeup, but surprised me, had her eyebrows tattoo'd.. heh) .. She's had to make many lifestyle adjustments. 

Many, also have MS .. that's no picnic either! 

I wish Medicine wld discover more abt AutoImmune Disorders, rather than just letting them continue to prevail!

"Orthostatic Intolerance," "Dysautonomia" arent even my own "AutoImmune Disorder"  ..they've come to accompany it..

...(as with many "AutoImmune Disorders," these two (above) accompany a person's (one, or another) "AutoImmune Disorder!") 

And I'm not even sure that the "irregularities" of "Menopause" dont complicate the prevalence of  "AutoImmune Disorders" & "Orthostatic Intolerance."  

.... But as with most Dxs that prove prevalent in women, we're the last in line for Medicine to dig more deeply.

Just seems that AutoImmune Disorders have become more and more prevalent, (as has Asthma, esp in kids!).  I mean, "what is it?"  Environment?  I don't know. (And wait until more is discovered abt "LHaulr"  imho, that's going to be an eye opener A/I disorder, esp for kids)

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Valued Contributor

@monicakm   I meant to post this to your PT thread..

I'm soooooo  SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!  ..

..  You had *OR*, and *PT*, while with *MS*.. on a tricky, critical, necessary, active body location! ....  amazing!! 

I've had many sports injuries, thru the years, the worse of which was Golfing, believe it or not!!  They had to carry me off the course.

. . . .  .. and PT is *VERY, VERY DIFFICULT!*

And requires the most SPECIAL of professionals.. (and patients) ..

...   they're soo amazing!!

In the beginning, you'd think those PT'ers are total SADISTS!..

..  but as time goes on....and you do what they say....

...  ya want to MARRY THEM at the end... They speed up recovery tremendously!!! 

...  I dont know how they do it.. how patient they are! .. knowing it will help the patient in the end .. a lot! 

They're "making the OR'd site hurt more, temporarily, thru PT!

You're a TROOPER & SURVIVOR!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!  YOU DID GREAT!!!

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

Goodness me!  Thank you so much Smiley Happy  My entire family is proud (and surprised knowing my pain tolerance score is probably -100).  DH has always told me I'm stronger than I think I am (but I'm really not).

I never thought that about my PT guy.  I was in too much pain the first time we met.  All I could do is sit with my hands covering my face because of the amt of pain I was in.  Rob was very understanding and listened to my limitations.  He either worked within those limitations or like I've said before, made me think he did.  We had a good rapport from the beginning.  Marry him?  Why yes, yes I would but I'd have to ask my husband first Smiley Happy  Asked hubby.  He said ok but that he couldn't bring me back LOL  Between a caring husband that got up several times a night for ice packs, fixed me protein every morning (for the first 8 days while he was home), a caring and excellent PT guy and oxycodone, I've done quite well.  I would say the worst part was having to shower 5 days prior to surgery and until my scar was totally closed and no scabbing before I could get in my bathtub.  Thanks again!  Oh and I think the equipment I bought to exercise at home has and is helping as well.  I wish my sister in law had the means to buy these items.  Her husband is dead and she can't afford them.  She also didn't start out with going to the same PT as I did.  She didn't start PT for two WEEKS after surgery and then did the home health PT, then stopped again and a couple months later went where I was going.  We car pooled till the day she stopped PT and that was the same day I started driving again.  She will have a permanent limp.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm 

...   I have a friend, who I like a lot... BUT.... "takes ZERO "guff" from anybody.   Doesn't hold back, what so ever....   she's LOUD & INSISTENT on "her way, or the highway".. and she refused to do what the PT guided her to do. Nobody could advise her otherwise.. before, during or after..

..  Many of us told her..

......"it's going to hurt INITIALLY... take the Pain Rx given to you, as authorized, prescribed, ..(or have MD up the RX,  (if need more) to get thru)... ..  and JUST DO IT.. FOLLOW the PTs insistent instructions.  YOU WONT REGRET IT!  Most ALL PTs KNOW what they're doing!"

She didnt.  She refused! 

While at Dollar Tree the other day, I saw the back of someone, walking away, & recognized her right away, ..... because she was taking steps, walking with ONLY "crouched  bent knees!"  never straightening her legs.   Looked painful. 

...   She's STUCK like this until the next, same knee replacement!

She looks much WORSE OFF!   unimaginably!

@monicakm  See how COURAGEOUS you WERE / ARE??

(BTW.. does that kewl husband of yours have an older, unmarried brother? ... who is just like "hubby? )..  Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

@monicakm   Thanks for your info website.  Went to it immediately! WOW.. what great choices.

Hmm.. @monicakm  another "AutoImmune Disorder,"   I'm not surprised with these other/same "perspiration" symptoms, (altho I *do not know* if other ppl's symptoms are related to their auto immune disorder, but oftentimes it is.

Here's some key words to look up, in case apply: 

• "Dysautonomia," 
  • "Orthostatic Intolerace," 

...or more specifically, ONLY ONE KIND, altho not only, specific kinds of these above, is:

~~~~~~~

(for example, specifically..

"Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)" is a condition that affects blood flow. POTS causes the development of symptoms -- usually lightheadedness, fainting and an uncomfortable, rapid increase in heartbeat -- that come on when standing up from a reclining position and relieved by sitting or lying back down."  

"POTS is a form of orthostatic intolerance," the development of symptoms that come on when standing up from a reclining position, and that may be relieved by sitting or lying back down. The primary symptom of an orthostatic intolerance is lightheadedness, fainting and an uncomfortable, rapid increase in heartbeat."  (..and perspiring..)

~ ~~~~~~~

When I'm raking, I drink LOTS of (cold) water  (well, I drink LOTS all the time anyway,) ...

.. but raking, I need frequent breaks from exertion. I make sure to SIT, or lean over, & lay my chest on the hood of my car, feeling my pulse for slowing, so that my blood has it easier to get to my head, (vs cont'd standing up straight).

....  (and I use ZipFizz tubes of powder, added to my water, up to 2-3 tubes/day, (to restore all lost electrolytes, (product also incl B-12, a little caffeine, & NO SUGAR..)

...    and against my better judgement, .....  medically, Im required to ADD sodium into my diet.. (which goes against everything I thought was right!) .. A lot of sodium is lost with perspiring too."   (My doc says drink V-8 juice.. yuck!)

Knowing all the research of "Dysautonomia," "Orthostatic Intolerance," & their recommended "lifestyle helps," I can make better adjustments for cosmetic applications like getting a fan, & great mirror for on the desk, incl stick-on 20x mirror for "applying makeup/mascara/false eyelashes *while sitting down,*"

.....   (even tho Id known only to apply makeup standing in front of the mirror, for yrs). 

...  I try to use any adjustments to avoid standing, & save standing for, say, "finishing touches" like styling my hair.

Ppl who apply makeup, face care, hair care, might also have this same above medical symptoms/condition, (esp in women),   .. & most esp if they have an "autoimmune disorder." 

.. They might think it's "aging," or think it's nothing.. but  it is indeed *something*!!   It changes one's lifestyle, at a minimum! ...

For me, tho, takes more than the Medical communities "lifestyle changes," altho hopefully they keep trying to get to the bottom of this!

Sooooo.... I may/may not wait for my MD to clear your recommended "D82 #682"  (since his expertise is Chemistry, & excites him)...

....   but regardless, (unless he says it'll kill me (which I doubt)) ..

...   I'm going to order it anyway!  heh

....  (I'm just not willing to give up "Makeup," & "face care!"  (yet)  heh 

<-- I remain stubbornly in love with cosmetics! 

......   I know "nothing but cosmetics," .. since before I was a pre-pre teen, sneaking on makeup on the way to school.. & removing it before returning home!!)

HTHs

@TwinkleBell  Totally your business, but be careful with the ZipFizz.  Combined with whatever you're getting from diet, you don't want to drink more than two daily as you could overdo the the electrolytes.  They're tricky things.  We need specific amounts, especially potassium, for good heart function but too much can be dangerous.  Maybe some of your sweating offsets that but just offering a word of caution.  Also, the sweetener used is sucralose (Splenda) which can damage your gut biome. I get it, sometimes it can't be avoided, and it's better than real sugar.  I just try to be aware and avoid it as much as possible, then intentionally consume things that are good for the gut. 

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

<snip>

@TwinkleBell  Totally your business, but be careful with the ZipFizz.  Combined with whatever you're getting from diet, you don't want to drink more than two daily as you could overdo the the electrolytes.  They're tricky things.  We need specific amounts, especially potassium, for good heart function but too much can be dangerous.  Maybe some of your sweating offsets that but just offering a word of caution.  Also, the sweetener used is sucralose (Splenda) which can damage your gut biome. I get it, sometimes it can't be avoided, and it's better than real sugar.  I just try to be aware and avoid it as much as possible, then intentionally consume things that are good for the gut. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@JeanLouiseFinch    Thank you sooo much for this word of caution, AND for the specifics!  

I've been using this for so long, so many years, your cautionary note reminds me that it's time for me to revisit ZipFizz, & amt as part of my current protocol!   I accept all help & advice, such as you have offered!  I really want to continue to work toward "my 'Best Life!'"

Your advice comes at a perfect time! 

We had a hot, humid day yesterday, the beginning of a hot, humid summer, I'm sure... And late yesterday, I was uneasy, reevaluationg the day, thinking I might have had 2 ZipFizz, which is very unusual for me. I use 1/2 ZipFizz in a bottle of water, but... had  7+ bottles of water,  Did I have 2 ZipFizz? .... buzzing around here, chores, indoors, outdoors.. profuse perspiration. 

I also need to do my most work on the coolest parts of the day, also to manage the fluids more.

@JeanLouiseFinch   I'll re-evaluate, & take care... THANKS AGAIN!!!! *AND*.. esp thanks for these details!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

I feel bad for your friend just like I do my sister in law.  But it sounds like your friend made her own bad choices.  Still sad.  My sil, I feel, got some bad advice and care.  I doubt I know the whole story.  She had the opportunity to do more therapy at the same facility where I was but she "was tired of going" so they released her.  

I enjoyed it once the excruciating pain subsided AND when I got off my "I can do this without drugs" high-horse!  It's those silly knee crunches/bends that hurt so bad but with oxy I could crunch further and my bend degree number was better.  The bike pedal machine helps with the knee crunches here at home too.  It's a journey and it's not over but I'm way down the other side of the mountain.

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

Forgot...no, sadly both of my husband's brothers are no longer with us.  Bad choices.  I married the baby of the family.  He still has a sister that's alive.