Valued Contributor

Reviews? /Advice? *Setting, or *Primer Spray?

I  located the following 2 "NYX Setting/Primer Sprays" in my "Beauty cache," and, honestly, I don't even remember the results I got from either.  I need to try them again.

Soooo....   My questions are:

• What/Why (do/would) you use for a "Setting/Primer Spray" 
  • Which "Setting/Primer Sprays" do you recommend?  ... Not recommend
  • What advice do you have concerning choice of "Primer/Setting spray?   TIA

"NYX "First Base Primer Spray."

NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP First Base Primer Spray, Vegan Face Primer

Is "Amaz's Choice" .. (1,658 reviews),  (Avg ~4.5 positive reviews)

~~~~

"NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray" (Long Lasting Formula")

Sponsored Ad - NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish, Long-Lasting Vegan Formula

Amaz "Best Seller" .. (77,767 reviews), (4.5+ avg positive reviews)

~ ~  TIA  ~  ~

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews? /Advice? *Setting, or *Primer Spray?

[ Edited ]

I like MILANI, the Make it Last version (on the left).

Buy Milani Setting Spray Trio - 6.09 fl oz - 3ct Online in Turkey. 83957995

Esteemed Contributor

I am NOT a makeup expert by any stretch, so this is just my opinion as a sometime makeup wearing old lady.

I use Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray whenever I wear makeup and will be out for more than a couple of hours. For me it seems to keep the shine away, prevents the makeup from settling into those fine lines around my mouth and it keeps my eye makeup from getting weird. I lightly mist when I'm all done w/ makeup and just getting ready to walk out the door. One bottle lasts me FOREVER. Smiley Happy 

setting spray.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell - I've never used a primer spray, but I use a primer, usually Laura Geller's Spackle. I do use a setting spray. My favorite is MUFE, but I started using a spray when Mally's Face Defender was harder to get and QVC sold Kristopher Buckle's setting spray. 

I recently tried NYX lip colors. It's my first NYX experience, and I'm impressed with what the company stands for. And I like the long-lasting lip color!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I use Hourglass primer after skincare and before makeup.

I use UD's All Nighter after applying my makeup.  I only use this during the months and excursions when I know I'll be hot and likely to perspire.  I just saw this product on my phone and clicked on it.  I've heard of the company but at the time they just had a product for sweaty hands.  Now they have expanded their line for other parts of the body including the face.  I haven't purchased it yet.  

Carpe.jpg

Honored Contributor

Milani "Make It Last" setting spray.  Love it!

Respected Contributor

I like Mac Prep Plus. I spray it on a big fluffy brush and then dab it on as the final step of my make up.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

Really??  Where did you learn the trick of spraying your brush with setting spray?  I'll have to try that!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think I saw Fatima, the Mac rep, do it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TwinkleBell   I use MAC on clients. For personal iuse, I very rarely use a setting spray since I don't need my makeup to last long enough (rarely wear it for 8 hrs.) and use very little powder, only lightly in t zone, so do not need the spray to take away a "powder look". 

I think for many women, primers and setting sprays are  unnecessary steps in a daily routine. If however you do need makeup to last from 7AM through cleansing at bedtime, yes I see the point.

*When purchasing check for no alcohol.