Honored Contributor

Re: Review on Algenist Tinted moisturizer with SPF 30

@rochelleS  I have only used it today.  I guess I did not notice the staying power. Will have to wear it a bit more to see if it stays on well. 

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean about smells.  I too have a sharp sense of smell.  Some of these reviews about the "horrible odor" are way out there!  It's been said about JM's Vibrancy foundation, too - which has absolutely NO detectable scent. 

Crazy.

Respected Contributor

I meant to thank you for your review.  It's great to find a good foundation in the sea of stuff that doesn't work.  Wear & enjoy it in good health @SeaMaiden.

Respected Contributor

I have both the light/med and the medium and yes it has a very distinct smell however it does seem to dissipate quickly. I found the light/med to be way too light for me and the medium to be muddy. Also, it provides thin coverage and is not buildable. I also didn't really care for the set of 2 but would rather pay less for 1 tube on a special as one generally lasts for many months while the 2nd tube will sit around and may go bad...I prefer a fresh tube.Same with purchasing sets of mascara....don't care for that either. All in all, this purchase was not good and I will be returning them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am looking for a nice tinted moisturizer with medium coverage for the summer. I checked out Algenist reviews and they turned me off. It made me think of heavy, cakey, hard to spread and smelly. Thanks for the good reviews - I might give it another look.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I am looking for a nice tinted moisturizer with medium coverage for the summer. I checked out Algenist reviews and they turned me off. It made me think of heavy, cakey, hard to spread and smelly. Thanks for the good reviews - I might give it another look.

@febe1 If you' still have an interest, check Sephora and Ulta for reviews. Quite a bit more  favorable feedback from both sites. Also Google reviews for additional information.  I'm going to ulta to check for the best color match. This is where I'm having some difficulty.  The duo sure seems  like the way to go if the color works out.

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@febe1 If you' still have an interest, check Sephora and Ulta for reviews. Quite a bit more  favorable feedback from both sites. Also Google reviews for additional information.  I'm going to ulta to check for the best color match. This is where I'm having some difficulty.  The duo sure seems  like the way to go if the color works out.

Thanks, @rochelleS, I'll check it out. I read reviews low rating to high rating, and the Q's are not good.

Valued Contributor

I saw it presented on Q recently, but was wondering about the reviews. Would you say it would provide staying power if you perspire in the heat and humidity? I'm looking for a tinted moisturizer or light foundation that will do just that for the Summer months. I'll recheck some more reviews.
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I received my Algenist  tinted moisturizer SPF30  and tried it out for  the first time today. I ordered the light/medium shade and it is very nice. Just right for my skin tone.   Light non oily coverage... and nice coverage, but not mask like.   I am very happy with it!   I wore it out on my dog walk today.

Glad you like it!  Mine is on the way. Wanted something lighter for summer. 

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I received my Algenist  tinted moisturizer SPF30  and tried it out for  the first time today. I ordered the light/medium shade and it is very nice. Just right for my skin tone.   Light non oily coverage... and nice coverage, but not mask like.   I am very happy with it!   I wore it out on my dog walk today.

Glad you like it!  Mine is on the way. Wanted something lighter for summer. 

@Phantom41  I guess some people like it , others do not.  I like it. Mine does not smell at all and goes on nicely.  It is nice and light, still evens out my skin.  I hope you like it.