Honored Contributor

Review on Algenist Tinted moisturizer with SPF 30

I received my Algenist  tinted moisturizer SPF30  and tried it out for  the first time today. I ordered the light/medium shade and it is very nice. Just right for my skin tone.   Light non oily coverage... and nice coverage, but not mask like.   I am very happy with it!   I wore it out on my dog walk today.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review on Algenist Tinted moisturizer with SPF 30

@SeaMaiden  I'll bet even your dog was proud to be with you!  Cat Happy

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I've used the Algenist REVEAL serum foundation with pretty good results but wasn't aware of the tinted moisturizer, so I had to look it up.  Wow, $36 for a duo, that's a fantastic price.  I might need to try it.

Frequent Contributor

I wanted to order it but some of the reviews talked about a fragrance they did not like.

Did you notice a fragrance and what was the scent? Saying it was a bad smell?

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden Glad it works well for you!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to order it but some of the reviews talked about a fragrance they did not like.

@anonymous23   I have a very good sense of smell,  even though smells do not bother me.  This Algenist tinted cream has NO DETECTABLE smell or odor  at all.  I just went and smelled it again....nothing I can detect.  No bad smell at all.  Why mine does  not smell and other reviews said it does??? I do not know.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I received my Algenist  tinted moisturizer SPF30  and tried it out for  the first time today. I ordered the light/medium shade and it is very nice. Just right for my skin tone.   Light non oily coverage... and nice coverage, but not mask like.   I am very happy with it!   I wore it out on my dog walk today.

@SeaMaidenThank you for your comments. Is this TM thick? Alot of reviews mentioned this in a rather negative way. I just watched the video and it certainly did not look too thick when the vendor applied it to the back of her hand. I am interested in the duo. The price point is good, now which shade, medium or light medium? I wear both light and medium in Eve Pearl and medium in IT foundations. Hmm

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Anonymous wrote:

@anonymous23   I have a very good sense of smell,  even though smells do not bother me.  This Algenist tinted cream has NO DETECTABLE smell or odor  at all.  I just went and smelled it again....nothing I can detect.  No bad smell at all.  Why mine does  not smell and other reviews said it does??? I do not know.

@SeaMaiden  Thank you/... That's good to know. I could not tell by the reviews that were saying it smelled awful if it was heavily perfumed or maybe their tube went bad.sour?

I did order the Dr.  Denese one instead so if that doesn't work out I may order this duo.
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS   I thought it was a nice consistency. I would not call it thick at all....and it went on smooth and even.  Now the coverage is not real heavy, it evens things out but is not like a concealer . If you need a lot of coverage, this may not work.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@rochelleS   I thought it was a nice consistency. I would not call it thick at all....and it went on smooth and even.  Now the coverage is not real heavy, it evens things out but is not like a concealer . If you need a lot of coverage, this may not work.

@SeaMaiden Thank you. Have you found it to last all day?  It looks like it will. Fortunately I do not need full coverage and prefer a lighter consistency that'll even things out. Add a little cheek, lips a swipe of mascara or liner and I can be out in a hurry.

35+ years ago I used to mix a dab of foundation with my moisturizer before TM's were even around.

Forgot to ask if you tan in the summer or will the light medium work year round for you?