Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Trish McEvoy New Water Base Foundation

@Wsmom wrote:

I picked up samples of medium 1 and medium 2 today and will try tomorrow, but I can't imagine either of those shades working for me, and really neither could the counter girl, who was not a Trish rep....but I will give it a shot.

@Wsmom  Why is that? Do thee shades look off in some way? I ask because I'm waiting for samples to arrive from TM CS. A rep I spoke with (not a TM one) said she found they lighten and melt into the persons' color AS you blend then on. She said she didn't know how Trish manage to do that but it works and she was impressed.

I have other foundations that look dark in the bottle but once blended on the skin, lighten up and match quite well. I am hoping hers does the same thing. We'll see! : )

Honored Contributor

OT:

Her products have been cruelty free for a long while, and I respect that.  She certainly is beautiful.

I have one of her big planners and my MU lives in it.  Most products are not hers, but I do love her brushes, it holds everything I use and travels like a dream!

Waiting for the Water Base Foundation, I don't really need coverage, just a little color.  I do like a 'moist' look.  Not shine, just a bit of a glow, so fingers crossed.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

I picked up samples of medium 1 and medium 2 today and will try tomorrow, but I can't imagine either of those shades working for me, and really neither could the counter girl, who was not a Trish rep....but I will give it a shot.

@Wsmom  Why is that? Do thee shades look off in some way? I ask because I'm waiting for samples to arrive from TM CS. A rep I spoke with (not a TM one) said she found they lighten and melt into the persons' color AS you blend then on. She said she didn't know how Trish manage to do that but it works and she was impressed.

I have other foundations that look dark in the bottle but once blended on the skin, lighten up and match quite well. I am hoping hers does the same thing. We'll see! : )

@SahmIam, just because neither shade looked close to what I would be, but that's good to hear that they will melt into the color.  I'm looking forward to trying them...tonight I will swatch and see which one to use, and then tomorrow I will give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom  Please report back your findings. : )

Valued Contributor

Curious too!  I ordered but may stop by Nordy's this week to sample. I like Armani silk, but a little too heavy for daily use.  Ordered the planner, it's a perfect size to keep at work for touch ups!

Valued Contributor

I haven't tried this one. Ready to Wear MU has had a serum foundation out for a few years and 2 tiny drops will cover my entire face. It feels light on.

Honored Contributor

I have Porcelaine complexion & no foundations in Trish's line are that light. On HSN, she compensates for that by saying darker shades make you look younger, but the light skinned model's necks don't match. She continues the foundation down on to the neck. Not a great idea for light colored tees and sweaters. Either your foundation matches perfectly at your jawline & forehead (a BB technique) or it doesn't. You don't MAKE it match!! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I have Porcelaine complexion & no foundations in Trish's line are that light. On HSN, she compensates for that by saying darker shades make you look younger, but the light skinned model's necks don't match. She continues the foundation down on to the neck. Not a great idea for light colored tees and sweaters. Either your foundation matches perfectly at your jawline & forehead (a BB technique) or it doesn't. You don't MAKE it match!! 

I don't like to do that either. I don't want foundation on my neck unless I'm just testing shades.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam, I tried the medium 1.  When I swatched on my jawline one was a little light; one was a little dark, but they were do-able...not horridly off.  So I used the medium 1 and it's a fine foundation, natural looking, but at this point I'm going to stick with my Armani.  Also, it did last all day for me.

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 - thx to your quick review, I've cancelled my order. Soooo glad I was on advance order. Realized I was following some bad advice from another poster. Dumped that unreliable resource Woman LOL Armani works so great for me. And I'm more interested in trying the CoverFX primers/foundations that I can use for custom formulation with my sunscreen.

I see Reba has some new makeup on HSN...waiting for the new eye shadow pallet to load. She will be on tmrw on the Beauty Report.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri