Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Trish McEvoy New Water Base Foundation

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BlingQueen022 - glad to read your early review! 

Your description of the coverage and finish sounds very much like Armani. I'm even more excited to try it! Love the 2nd skin finish Heart

Armani has a good pigment level enuf to provide light to med coverage.

I sometimes have redness or a blemish, addtl spot treat works great. I like to use a micro loose powder or blurring powder to set. 

I don't care what brand of makeup, everything I've used needs a touchup by 5/6p if my day starts at 7a. My order will arrive mid Oct, will post my review then.

Now I'm watching the CoverFX shows that I recorded. Next visit I think I will try the drops and I esp like the click stick for travel, and the primers too. Looks like a successful launch with sellouts.

@Chi-town girl  You know it's funny.  I get to work at 5am during the week to beat the lousy DC traffic and I put my makeup on usually at 2:30am!!  Yes, I know it's insane, lol  but I leave at 4am and I like to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee before I leave.  It takes me about 50 min. to get to work from where I live at.  

Anyway, usually at the end of the day, Trish's Even Skin foundation lasts on me for the entire day.  Almost, the entire day, but works for me for my schedule.  Also, I use Trish's Beauty Balm as a foundation and I also love that.  I think that's just as good as her Even Skin foundation.  I'm looking forward to reading your review once you get yours.  I do like her Water Foundation, but her Even Skin wins hands down and so does her Beauty Balm.  

@BlingQueen022 - although I work mostly regular hours + flex w travel requirements,  my business is global 24/7 so I appreciate all the different lifestyles.  Frankly a 4 day week would be awesome. However, to get me going every weekday at 2:30a, you would need to hook me up to coffee via IV Woman LOL

You're such a great beauty resource here Heart Love your enthusiasm to try the 'new' & you write great detailed reviews. Thx again. I will ping you when I get my order/a review. Hope others will also post.  Have a fabulous weekend! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BlingQueen022 - glad to read your early review! 

Your description of the coverage and finish sounds very much like Armani. I'm even more excited to try it! Love the 2nd skin finish Heart

Armani has a good pigment level enuf to provide light to med coverage.

I sometimes have redness or a blemish, addtl spot treat works great. I like to use a micro loose powder or blurring powder to set. 

I don't care what brand of makeup, everything I've used needs a touchup by 5/6p if my day starts at 7a. My order will arrive mid Oct, will post my review then.

Now I'm watching the CoverFX shows that I recorded. Next visit I think I will try the drops and I esp like the click stick for travel, and the primers too. Looks like a successful launch with sellouts.

@Chi-town girl  You know it's funny.  I get to work at 5am during the week to beat the lousy DC traffic and I put my makeup on usually at 2:30am!!  Yes, I know it's insane, lol  but I leave at 4am and I like to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee before I leave.  It takes me about 50 min. to get to work from where I live at.  

Anyway, usually at the end of the day, Trish's Even Skin foundation lasts on me for the entire day.  Almost, the entire day, but works for me for my schedule.  Also, I use Trish's Beauty Balm as a foundation and I also love that.  I think that's just as good as her Even Skin foundation.  I'm looking forward to reading your review once you get yours.  I do like her Water Foundation, but her Even Skin wins hands down and so does her Beauty Balm.  

@BlingQueen022 - although I work mostly regular hours + flex w travel requirements,  my business is global 24/7 so I appreciate all the different lifestyles.  Frankly a 4 day week would be awesome. However, to get me going every weekday at 2:30a, you would need to hook me up to coffee via IV Woman LOL

You're such a great beauty resource here Heart Love your enthusiasm to try the 'new' & you write great detailed reviews. Thx again. I will ping you when I get my order/a review. Hope others will also post.  Have a fabulous weekend! 

@Chi-town girl Thank you Chi-town..  Here I sit at 3am. I swear I have an automatic body alarm clock inside me, lol.  I've been having this schedule for years.  I guess i'm used to it.  Wishing you a great weekend also.  I'm looking forward to reading your review when you receive yours.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Haircut100 wrote:

I was excited to try this foundation until I read in Trish's website that she includes parabens in this foundation. Considering how far we've come, adding parabens is completely unnecessary anymore. I was very disappointed. Some may not care what's in their beauty products, but I certainly care, and this was a huge let down.

@Haircut100 You are incorrect.

Earlier this morning, I took a look and read the box this foundation came in and it states on the side of her box quote, unquote, "Oil Free, ideal for all skin types, Matte-medium to full buildable coverage, and most important of all, PARABEN, GLUTEN and FRAGRANCE FREE.

Please make sure your information is correct before you post. 

Regular Contributor

The ingredients list was on Trish's own website. I just went over and checked again, and now the ingredients list is a completely different one. I will give them the benefit of the doubt- maybe they made a mistake and have since corrected it, but I am not crazy- for over two weeks her own website listed methylparaben and propylparaben as the last two ingredients for the new foundation. Whatever-

Esteemed Contributor

@Haircut100 wrote:

The ingredients list was on Trish's own website. I just went over and checked again, and now the ingredients list is a completely different one. I will give them the benefit of the doubt- maybe they made a mistake and have since corrected it, but I am not crazy- for over two weeks her own website listed methylparaben and propylparaben as the last two ingredients for the new foundation. Whatever-

@Haircut100 It was definately a mistake on her website then because I have her beauty balm, Even Skinn foundation, New water based foundation, and her tinted moisturizer all in the original boxes and all of them read paraben free on the boxes.  

Honored Contributor

@Haircut100  She's not the only site to have issues like that. An IT team is SUPPOSED to on top of the things; that's what they're paid to do. A busy vendor isn't often checking up on that because she/he is trusting those hired to do a job correctly are doing it.

SKINN Cosmetics had the wrong ingredients listed for an entire LINE of products until I called. When Dimitri was on in July, I was reading ingredients due to allergies and what he said on air was NOT what was listed on his site for any of the DWP products. I took a screen shot of them in order to compare to EVINE and yep, completely different. I called his CS, left a message and within an hour, a CS rep called me and had me go over everything... sure enough, they had NO IDEA. The ingredient deck was NOT theirs and someone screwed up badly.

Don't discard a product or an entire line due to human mistake. Call CS and confirm if you hear something different as they may not be aware that their IT team is messing up.

Honored Contributor

I love Trish's Even Skin foundation.  I did order this new one too.  I didn't order the recommended brush.  How are you applying this new foundation?   Her Even Skin foundation is so far my favorite foundation of all I have which includes Lancome, Dior, IT, BE, etc.   No plans to reorder several other brands that I now have.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I love Trish's Even Skin foundation.  I did order this new one too.  I didn't order the recommended brush.  How are you applying this new foundation?   Her Even Skin foundation is so far my favorite foundation of all I have which includes Lancome, Dior, IT, BE, etc.   No plans to reorder several other brands that I now have.

@Daysdee I did order the Trish's new brush, but haven't received it yet.  When I received her new water based foundation, I used a large flat paddle brush that I received from Smashbox cosmetics that came with their water based foundation and it worked fine.  

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Haircut100  She's not the only site to have issues like that. An IT team is SUPPOSED to on top of the things; that's what they're paid to do. A busy vendor isn't often checking up on that because she/he is trusting those hired to do a job correctly are doing it.

SKINN Cosmetics had the wrong ingredients listed for an entire LINE of products until I called. When Dimitri was on in July, I was reading ingredients due to allergies and what he said on air was NOT what was listed on his site for any of the DWP products. I took a screen shot of them in order to compare to EVINE and yep, completely different. I called his CS, left a message and within an hour, a CS rep called me and had me go over everything... sure enough, they had NO IDEA. The ingredient deck was NOT theirs and someone screwed up badly.

Don't discard a product or an entire line due to human mistake. Call CS and confirm if you hear something different as they may not be aware that their IT team is messing up.

Yes, some of the Beekman ingredients are wrong too- both on Evine and their own website. It happens.

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up samples of medium 1 and medium 2 today and will try tomorrow, but I can't imagine either of those shades working for me, and really neither could the counter girl, who was not a Trish rep....but I will give it a shot.