Honored Contributor

Review of Tart Foundcealer Foundation

Saw this in a beauty store - begins with an "S" not sure if we can mention names - and decided to try it.  Know that it was on the Q the other day as an advance order but my shade wasn't available so went ahead and purchased it and the brush from the store.

I LOVE IT!  I wear light-medium honey and am almost 65 years old.  This foundation is wonderful.  Goes on easily, blends in well, covers well, and don't need a lot of product.   The spf is a plus and didn't irritate my skin.  I like it because I don't feel like I have foundation on at all.  I like using a brush to put my foundations on but you could certainly try your fingers or a sponge if you prefer.  Love the consistency and I think it looks very natural.  

I did my usual skin care routine - cleanse, serum, moisturizer - then I did put on Smashbox face primer, then the foundation.  I always use a primer when using foundation - doesn't matter which brand of foundation I'm using - as I think it helps it look better & last longer on my skin.

This foundation - along with the other Tarte foundations that I have - are definitely my favorites of all the foundations that I have tried over the years.  Definitely think its worth trying and if the Q has your shade, then its a good deal because you basically get the brush for free.  The "S" store does have a lot more shades if the Q doesn't have yours.  Hope this helps someone who has been thinking about trying it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Tart Foundcealer Foundation

@JudyL 

Thank you so much for your review, much appreciated!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for your review, I just received mine in the mail today! Can’t wait to try it tomorrow. Spot test on my hand seemed promising. Love the packaging. Glad it worked for you. I also got it from S, as Q sold out of my color. Ish I could have gotten that free brush,

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx  I so understand about the brush!  I almost didn't buy it but so glad I did.

Honored Contributor

I did not have luck with Tarte's shades when they first came on the Q.  They were very yellow based.  I wonder is that has changed?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  I never did find a shade on the Q that worked for me.  I went into the big beauty retail store and there were sooo many shades.  Had one of their artists match me.  The light-medium honey has peach undertones and that fits me perfectly so maybe you could find one that doesn't have any yellow in it.

Respected Contributor

I tried it today and WOW I’m in love! I thought shape tape was great, this is even better. Leaves skin so soft and hydrated, blends like a dream, covers the redness. Even the dispenser bottle is awesome! So glad I got this. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx so glad you like it!