Frequent Contributor

Re: Review of Eve Pearl TSV.

[ Edited ]

I didn't know what to expect with many mixed reviews, maybe a larger percentage in the negative category. I am planning on keeping the kit as for the most part it seems to work fairly well for me.

I ended up ordering the medium. I normally wear medium in most other brands (including the IT CC Cream, which I use on occasion)  and this was a good match (especially with the two tones provided). It was not too yellow or orangey on me ( I think my skin tone is more neutral, leaning towards warm). It is 8 hours after applying the foundaion and it looks fine and has lasted. I especially liked how it morphed into my skin upon application and was comfortable to wear (it did not have that mask-like full coverage heavy feeling). I did apply a minimal amount and blended with the brush that was included. I have normal to dry skin and about midway into the day, I did have to touch up with a small amount of powder as my nose was becoming a bit shiny, but overall I was pleased with the look.

The concealer hides my undereye circles/darkness pretty well (not totally 100% though) but better than other products I have tried (have about 5 in my arsenal now) and I use a luminizer towards inner corner areas and a touch to the outer side for added brightness. The salmon/cream color combination works well on my skin tone.

I am not a big fan of the 4 color quad along with the fan brush, but did use the colors separately for contouring with my own brush (and used my a Laura Geller blush). I didn't find the fan brush particularly helpful or easy to apply the different colors properly (as wasb demonstrated) on my face with just a touch or two. I couldn't seem to get the proper placement of all the tones and was a bit dissatisfied. It was just okay.

The lipstick color turned out to look good with my complexion.....which was a total shocker! I was thinking it may not be so great judging by the description in other reviews here. I noticed there was a definite scent and a somewhat strange after taste, but it wasn't overwhelming for me in any way and didn't bother me.  I actually like the color  (it is more of a mauve pink on me...which I don't usually wear, as they usually are too blah on my skin tone).  It does seem to last (maybe around an hour or so) as opposed to disappearing in 15-20 minutes as most of the lip products I try seem to do.

All in all, I am satisfied with most of the kit....about 4 stars happy as opposed to 5. Like so many cosmetic products, it may work well for some and others not so much Smiley Happy  I was pleasantly surprised, as after reading many reviews here, I thought this would be another losing cosmetic and an immediate return. Hope it will work well for others that have ordered it and have not yet received it.  I will have to use it a few weeks longer to know if I will continue my auto delivery. It is good, but not great.

Regular Contributor

My kit is packed up and ready to go back.  This brand really seems like cheap drugstore stuff to me.  The foundation and concealer both creased and accentuated my dry spots.  It also smeared really bad.  The liquid lipstick looked bright and coral on me which was horrible.  I am glad this line works well for others, but for me it is junk.

Honored Contributor

Finally received mine late yesterday and tried it.  "Fair" seems to be the right shade for me.  Not sure if it makes wrinkles show up more.  Tried it again today and used very little.  The blush was hard to get right.  I like the concealer.  Seems like it is very time-consuming to use and doesn't look any better than other foundations I have.  Will try it a couple more times.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised. I got my kit and used it for the first time today. It was perfect for me. I got the medium, and it was perfect. I used the foundation sparingly, and it gave me a really pretty soft natural look . The blush, et al, went on easily and just as intended. The concealer did a great job, although it didn't erase dark circles l00%, it is quite an improvement w/o settling in fine lines and wrinkles. I think this line is exceptional for mature skin. And It is just as pretty in natural light as in the home.

The lipstick has to be applied very lightly. I put some on my fingertip, a very small amount, and it was enough all over. I applied a little powder as was recommended for a soft natural look.

I'm sorry I didn't get on automatic, but I'll get the next one.

I've tried the best foundations, and I'm very happy with it.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Finally received mine late yesterday and tried it.  "Fair" seems to be the right shade for me.  Not sure if it makes wrinkles show up more.  Tried it again today and used very little.  The blush was hard to get right.  I like the concealer.  Seems like it is very time-consuming to use and doesn't look any better than other foundations I have.  Will try it a couple more times.

I also ordered the Fair and I found it no better than a lot of drug store foundations. The brushes were nice but the blush was kind of clown like on me and too much no matter how little I tried to apply. The lipstick was terrible....it had a very strong scent of grapefruit. The concealer was too greasy and the concept of blending a lighter foundation with a darker was just a gimmick. I found it really didn't work for me.

Since I used all the items, I won't return them but it will certainly make me think twice before I am swayed by a presentation again..

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I also ordered the Fair and I found it no better than a lot of drug store foundations. The brushes were nice but the blush was kind of clown like on me and too much no matter how little I tried to apply. The lipstick was terrible....it had a very strong scent of grapefruit. The concealer was too greasy and the concept of blending a lighter foundation with a darker was just a gimmick. I found it really didn't work for me.

Since I used all the items, I won't return them but it will certainly make me think twice before I am swayed by a presentation again..

I totally agree about the blush.  I washed my face and reapplied make-up two or three times and used the blush as demonstrated and just touched my face lightly with the fan brush, and it was still clown like.  I think this kit is a return for me.  Also, seems like too many steps in the process.

Esteemed Contributor

Second try with this foundation and I'm keeping it.  I used more product and like the effect.  Skin feels moisturized.  Light seems like the right choice for me.  

I used a tiny amount of lipstick and it is extremely long lasting.  Less is more with this.  The color leans peachy vs pink on me and i prefer pink, but I can still wear this and would try this again in another color.  

I used a very very light touch of blush which was ok.  The brush will pick up too much without a light hand.  

The concealer blended with the foundation so i was happy it didn't look like i had concealer on.  I was pretty pleased with the total look and will buy her foundation again.

Regular Contributor

Ok- I had previously reviewed the medium shade but also ordered the tan shade . Just got the tan yesterday and it's a no go for me. It's an awful orange tan shade that didn't work for me at all (I'm usually a tan in most other lines) . I didn't even open the blush or the concealer - I packed it up and returned it this morning. But I'm keeping the medium. It isn't perfect - but it's good and I like the sculpting effect. 

I don't use the concealer - I don't have any use for it. I just use the foundation under my eyes and set it with powder and all is good.

i actually really like the blush and the fan brush-I didn't think that I would. When dusted lightly it looks very natural and soft on me. The lipstick isn't as horrible to me as it is to some others lol! I'm not a pink girl so I don't gravitate towards this shade- but it was a pretty light mauve color on me. It did smell strongly of grapefruit - what's up with that eve pearl? Lol! 

Super Contributor

Mine is already on it's way back.  I tried it 3 days in a row and decided it wasn't for me.  My skin felt tight and dry mid day.  I got the medium which was a bit to dark for me.  Tried using more but then relalized how quickly I would go through that little pan of foundation.  Not a good product or good value for me.

I liked the lipstick, the color worked for me......until about an hour later.  I was in the bathroom and looked in the mirror and saw it had feathered all around my mouth!  Ugh!  Not good!  That did it for me.

I wanted to love it.  Just didn't.

Trusted Contributor

Got mine yesterday. Tried it this morning & was very disappointed. It pilled on my face. Not sure if it just didn't work well with my PC moisturizer. I washed it off at lunch time & went back to using my Doll 10 kit. Debating whether to give it another try tomorrow & maybe use a wet sponge to blend it. The lip color is awful- too bright on me. Right now I'm leaning towards sending this back.