Frequent Contributor

Re: Review of Eve Pearl TSV.

I'm returning mine.  I ordered medium and it is way too dark.  In addition, the foundation isn't particularly flattering and feels occlusive on the skin.  The concealer is too dark as well.  The lipstick is garish and must have menthol in it as if feels slightly cooling when applied.  

The brushes are nice.  I didn't bother trying the powder.  I can't return this fast enough.

Honored Contributor

Wow! Sorry so many of you don't like her makeup. What they say is so true, what works for one person isn't necessarily going to work for another. I love her makeup, and use her foundation almost every day. Her brushes are excellent quality and I wash mine weekly and they are still like new. I normally do not like double ended brushes, but hers make sense, especially for the foundation, which you need very little, it is very concentrated, so too much on is going to feel heavy...I had to experiment with the amount a couple of times.I certainly understand about the shades, sometimes they just don't work.I wear TAN in Eve's makeup,yet TAN in It Cosmetics is way too light for me......     

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam LOL you are so sweet! Laughing because I know that I have tried for years to match ANYTHING in foundation from QVC without luck, now I am guessing that I just got caught in the salespitch. I will let you know when mine arrives and how it works for me! I shall remain hopeful!  Woman LOL

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jacie  We are sisters in our quest.

Woman HappyHeartWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh thank you everyone for posting your reivews. It isn't sounding very promising. Smiley Sad

Regarding the lipgloss, I completely expected it to be brighter pink because that is how it looked on all the models. I have no idea why they call it plum naked or whatever it is they call it because it never looked plumish nor naked, lol. However, what I didn't know is that it is tingly and that it has a strong scent/flavor.  I am not a fan of tingling lip products so that would not be okay for me. I do not see menthol or grapefruit listed on the ingredient list but perhaps it is under the "aroma" term they used in the ingredients. Ugh.

I personally did not like the look of the blush/bronzer/highlighter palette as a blush on anyone and could  see how it  easily could be overdone. I was planning on using it as eyeshadows instead so hopefully that would work out better.

But I am losing hope on the makeup. I do not want full coverage, heavy makeup and it sounds like many feel it is. THe only thing that sounds promising is that the shade may actually work out for me since many are saying the fair is not ultra fair after all. That is actually good for me. So perhaps it will work out after all. I don't want to look dirty. Smiley Sad

was it illamasqua makeup?

Esteemed Contributor

I think mine arrived today but i haven't opened it yet.  I hope it works ( ordered light) but wish i didn't fall for the sales pitch.  Oh well.  Will try it out.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I feel your pain!  I am a 'fairly-light' 'mostly neutral', just want a little boost, not coverage, and looking for 'cruelty free'.

Seems I've entered color match roulette.  Nothing works.  

Anyone have suggestions that you think might meet my requirements?  I'm loosing hope here.  

Sign me, not quite ready to go bare.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I feel your pain!  I am a 'fairly-light' 'mostly neutral', just want a little boost, not coverage, and looking for 'cruelty free'.

Seems I've entered color match roulette.  Nothing works.  

Anyone have suggestions that you think might meet my requirements?  I'm loosing hope here.  

Sign me, not quite ready to go bare.

Have you ever considered Cover FX?  I'd never heard of this co. until ladies of this forum raved about an upcoming selection.  Honestly, it's the very best collection of shades, composites , formulations I've ever seen! The color drops allow you to take any serum, lotion, creme base you choose and make it into foundation.  Really!  Their mineral foundation is nothing like the chintzy, metallic mineral mu of the past, it's fabulous, everything BE promised but didn't deliver!  I could rave for days!  They make a cover pencil that looks odd, superfluous, that is until you've got what should be a finished face and see that one thing you wish you could cover but know you can't because anything you have on hand will only ruin the whole project.  Awards galore for this and the drops and 4 stars from Beautypedia!  I'm purging all of the products taking up space in my cabinet, kept only because I spent too much for them or because I might see them with a different eye one day and they might miraculously match or blend or some such nonsense.  

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

But I am losing hope on the makeup. I do not want full coverage, heavy makeup and it sounds like many feel it is. THe only thing that sounds promising is that the shade may actually work out for me since many are saying the fair is not ultra fair after all. That is actually good for me. So perhaps it will work out after all. I don't want to look dirty. Smiley Sad

@HappyDaze - Don't lose hope! I don't like a heavy coverage either. I have her previous TSV and this foundation is good. It can go on lightly. I had to play with it a while to figure out the coverage, but I use very little. I don't do a full heavy double stripe; I do two mini stripes. That's all I need for my whole face. I do use a little more concealer under my eyes to hide those allergy circles! 

I'm  a little darker than you - I got the Light. It's perfect for me. I like her line, but I don't LOVE it. Still looking for the one I do! Smiley Happy