Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review of ELF eyelid primer and Fit Me concealer

@Greeneyedlady21

Why aren't you supposed to use concealer on the eyelid? Honestly, I've never heard that before. I use IT waterproof bye bye under eye concealer to even the lid color and as a very successful shadow base. Please share...

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS Supposedly because the eyeshadow won't stay over the concealer. I use IT shadow and that stays over the Fit Me. Frankly I think "they" say that just to sell primer. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

LOL @Greeneyedlady21, totally works fine on me. Totally agree it's a marketing ploy to sell another product. Some "concealers" work better or different than others, as we know...

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Greeneyedlady21 about Fit Me foundation being quite good for a $10 foundation option.  The concealer is nice and gives a nice soft finish coverage, which is my preferred.  However, it would not replace a couple which are must have for me.   For the record they are Pur Minerals Disappearing Ink and Laura Mercier High Coverage.  

The Pur one is so gentle on my eyes and wears flawlessly.  It's one of the few which I feel treats the area around my eyes in addition to coloring.  Mercier's HC is one I reach for when my eyes need an extra boost to erase some years off due to discoloration,  because I'm not feeling well or tired.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee In my former quest to find a concealer that was not full coverage, one of the many I tried was Fit Me. I thought it settled into fine lines, Maybelline's instant age rewind is a winner imo of all DS concealers. It can be applies sparingly or built up & does not settle. I have a high end also but what I have done is empty the bottle of instant age rewind & put it in a small jar, then take a small brush to dab it on the under eye then blend. I could not tolerate the puff. Give Fit Me a try, many like it but it was a fail for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love ELF brushes too. Now I have a few full sets of very good brushes that I do love and that were fairly expensive. I don't mind spending money on good brushes because if you take care of them they last forever. I have 2 full sets of Bobbi Brown and full set if Suqqu. The Suqqu brushes are probably the most expensive. I paid a little over $100 for each one. I take good care of them though and I will have them for many years to come. With more expensive brushes you usually don't want to buy a bunch of eye brushes (or other) because they are so expensive.

However I have probably over 30 or so ELF brushes. Most of them are the eyeshadow brushes and I love having a lot of eyeshadow brushes because you don't have to wash them every time you use a different color. The ELF black ($3) blending brush, contour brush, C brush, small smudge brush, small precision brush and crease brush. They are all really great brushes and I use them every day. I mean the quality is great for $3 and I have much more expensive eye brushes that aren't even as good. A lot of the $1 brushes (white ones) are great too but they do shed more whereas I don't find the black ones to shed much at all! The black highlight and blush brush are great too. I have not tried anything from the Precise brush line (silver) which look like nice brushes. I probably will soon. I definitely don't need any though. I was turned on to ELF brushes from a few of my friends who are makeup artist and love them because they are good quality, give good results but cheap enough so they can buy many so they never use the same brush on different clients and always have a fresh one for any style they are trying to create.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

I was at WalMart this afternoon & was going to try the Fit Me concealer but they did not have any. I'll check at Target next time I'm there.

I don't need eyelid primer but I might try the ELF one when it is time to buy more. I love good products at bargain prices!

I did get a bunch of their makeup brushes since I have several that need to be replaced. I hope they are as nice as suggested in this thread.