Respected Contributor

Review of Dr Denese AntiAging MD Foundation

I bought the light and feel it is more of a light/med and thankfully not yellow.  The tube is small but a little goes a long way and it works well alone or over serums and moisturizers but if you layer too much it will no longer be a matte finish. Will definitely buy this again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Dr Denese AntiAging MD Foundation

I've used Dr. Denese's products since the first time she came on QVC.

I swear by her products.  My daughter uses her products.  When she went to her dermatologist in Denver she told her to 'do something because your skin isn't looking good'.  She'd come from Va to Denver (they get 300 days of sunshine average a year).

She started using Dr. Denese (I send them to her).  She went back a few months later and the Dr said, "I don't know what you are doing; but keep on doing it.  Your skin looks really good".  Period.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Review of Dr Denese AntiAging MD Foundation

Hi,

I posted this review on the Dr D FB group. I'm a foundation maven and have no hesitation in posting a less than positive review. However, for me, I found this to be a very good foundation.

OH. MY. GOODNESS. The foundation!!! Based on my swatch yesterday, I was worried it might be a bit too peachy of an undertone. I'm wearing it today and it is LOVELY. Hard for me to do a quick review so this might be a little long....

The matte is more of a satin, not at all flat. Applied with a beauty blender and I tried to not use too much but next time I will use less. Always a learning curve for me with full coverage foundations. It is one of my fuller coveragefoundations. More coverage than Estee Lauder Double Wear, more coverage than Dior Forever, about the same coverage as Kat Von D Lock It but the Dr. D. looks prettier on the skin. Marc Jacobs Remarcable might have a wee bit more coverage but again, the Dr D is so much prettier on the skin.

Dr. D takes a bit to set/dry down so do use a setting or finishing powder BEFORE applying blush, highlight or bronzer. Covers pores very nicely. I have some very deep pores on my nose and they showed so I just took my finger and pressed over the pores and all was perfect (one of my tricks!).

I've had it on for about 6 hours at this point and still great. I did blot but if you follow me at all, you know I have very oil/greasy skin 365 days a year. I don't take too many (none?) flash photos so I'm not worried about flash white out or bounce back with the SPF ingredients. Again, if you saw my foundationcollection posted somewhere in this group, you know foundation is my thing. I think this is going to make my top 10.

Today's weather in the Chicago area is sunny, mid 50s, I've been indoors. I have my office window open because the house is hot as heck (75 degrees plus space heaters running) because my husband is freezing, wearing a sweat shirt and wrapped in a blanket. Whenever I leave my home office, I feel like I'm in the tropics.

I bought medium. My MAC color is NC 30-35 (depending on product). In Estee Lauder Double Wear I mix 2N1 and 3C1 most of the year although I can wear each on its own. In MUFE HD Y335 (formerly 127). In Maybelline Better Skin I'm #30. All these colors change once my self tan settles in. In general, I'm as medium as can be with yellow to olive undertones. If medium was on a scale, I would probably tip the scale ever so slightly to the light side.