Frequent Contributor

Review of Bare Minerals Made-2-Fit

Okay, I admit it.  I was expecting this to be a big marketing, gimmicky thing but being a make up junky, I bought.  So I downloaded the app and followed the instructions. A voice tells you to first tap your phone on a white piece of paper to calibrate and then you are instructed to tap your forehead, cheek and jaw on both left and right side.  As I was rolling my eyes that I was actually doing this believing I was wasting my time and tapping it on my cheek, my husband walked in on me and gave me the look.  I just smiled Smiley Happy  The process was pretty easy.  Within 48 hrs I received an email letting me know that my foundation had been made and was being shipped.  It arrived today with my name on the bottle.  I again expected this to be a flop...  WRONG!  The match was perfection.  Seriously a better version of my own skin.  The formulation is not too thin, not too thick and the coverage was great.  The application brush was nice as well.  If you are looking for a better foundation than what you are using, don't hesitate to try. I am going to keep it!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Bare Minerals Made-2-Fit

I also have this. I was away from home and went to a shopping mall with a Bare Minerals Boutique. This had just come out, so I decided to try it. They did the work; I just paid! I've been really happy with it. I love the texture - it's not heavy, but it covers just right. I can't believe how spot on they were with the color. I only wish they would give me an idea of WHAT color it is! I will definitely get more when I run out. Since I'm a foundation "junkie," I save this one for special days or nights. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

So what kind of foundation is it?  Does it have an spf? Matte finish?

For oily or dry skin? 

Frequent Contributor

Hi Aubegirl,

I am 51 and have normal skin.  No SPF is mentioned on the bottle which is a bummer.  I will use my It Cosmetic CC cream when I know I am going to have a day in the direct sun.  But my other days, I will use THIS!! It is more matte than dewy.  Not as heavy as CC cream. Blends beautifully with the match it made for me.  I wore again today in the hot TX heat and it was still flawless when I got home. Really happy!

Contributor

I downloaded the app and tried following directions, but never got passed tapping the phone on the white piece of paper.  I even took the phone out of its case, but still no luck.  Kept getting a voice saying...."keeping tapping."  After almost 5 mins of tapping on the white piece of paper, I gave up.  Plan to try again this weekend as I'm very interested in the outcome.

Valued Contributor

Gaaa, mine is still in transit, it’s been over a week...it’s supposed to be here tomorrow. Really looking forward to trying it!
Valued Contributor

@Jrose, the camera needs to be flat against the paper when tapping. The calibration also didn’t work for me the first time, 2nd time (with case removal) was the charm.
Respected Contributor

How is the finish?  All of the models looked really oily/greasy and like they needed a big powder puff to attack their face.  They kept saying it would "dry down".  Ha!  I'm tired of foundations that you have to set with powder to get that tackiness to go away.

Valued Contributor

Another thumbs up for this. At first I thought it was too light but after applying the foundation it was perfect. I really like the texture, and it’s a light/medium coverage which is perfect for me. Not flat and matte but not dewy, just a natural hydrated skin finish. I used mineral veil to set in my t zone only, lasted all day and no transfer. I’ll be out and about tomorrow in the FL heat and humidity so will see how it holds up tomorrow.