Trusted Contributor

Re: Review of BE Complexion Rescue

BE's CR is really geared for those that do not want anything more than a light coverage and lean more on the dry skin side.  I can understand why those with oily or even combo skins might not feel it's a good fit for their skin as well as those who really want and/or need medium or heavier coverage.

I prefer as light a coverage as possible - just a gentle blending and evening of my skin works great and the dewy finish never appears shiny on my very dry skin.  I think the last time anything appeared shiny as me was when I was in high school - have always had dry skin.

At least CR offers more shade selections than just about any other line sold here (most brands sold on QVC have 5 choices at most, with the bulk all having yellow undertones) And even compared to many BB and CC creams, CR offers a much greater color choice.  

It is always good to see reviews on both sides of the spectrum however as it helps those who are debating if they might want to try it or not.  I feel it is important to see both the positives and negatives.  I have discovered, ironically through some of the more negative reviews, that a product would actually be a good choice for me because I am looking for all those factors that  other users have not liked (very minimal coverage, really dewy finish, etc.)  

Valued Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:
I'm planning to get this when and if it comes in a TSV kit with other goodies. I just can't spend the $45 on this wi the brush knowing that I already have a sheer tinted moisturizer that I love (Andalou Organics BB). But if it ever shows up with a brush, veil and some other BE goodies in a TSV, I'll try it.

@Mrsq2022, this will be in a TSV kit in May.

Trusted Contributor

@jazzbabe Thank you - I've ordered it and cannot wait!  I love this product and am thrilled that it is in a TSV Smiley Happy. I like it with a little dab of concealer on spots that need more coverage.  Looks like I have perfect skin naturally...Which I certainly do not!

Valued Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@jazzbabe Thank you - I've ordered it and cannot wait!  I love this product and am thrilled that it is in a TSV Smiley Happy. I like it with a little dab of concealer on spots that need more coverage.  Looks like I have perfect skin naturally...Which I certainly do not!

I am tempted but will need to go to a store to scope out the shades.  I have a hunch that like Trixi I will be between shades. 

Respected Contributor

Wow!  Thanks for all the reviews ladies!  I too feel it's important to hear both sides - the good, bad and ugly of any product.  I'm in love with 100% Pure Second Skin right now, but this sounds like a well-suited product for my dry skin.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for the May TSV!

Honored Contributor

@kathya1119 wrote:

I tried this yesterday, and I had the same problem -- no coverage, and a shiny face within three hours. Six hours in, I started smelling a funky smell, kind of like stale sweat (which definitely wasn't me). As soon as I removed it, the small disappeared. I'll give it one more chance tomorrow, and if the result is the same, back it goes.

I agree-it offers so little coverage!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I've also tried it. Very little, if any, coverage and my skin was supper greasy looking a couple of hours later....and I have dry skin....