Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review Thus Far- Michael Todd True Organics Knu Anti-Aging Face Lift

Hey there Fun

I must have missed the product Where did you get it?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

I just posted about this morning, of course now I can't find it and cant imagine why it would have gotten deleted.

Anyway I've been using the serum twice a day for close to a month now and I haven't seen one bit of difference in my skin. I also have the moisturizer and had been using that at night. I actually have two bottles of the serum but now can't decide if I should continue using longer or just give it up. I'm really disappointed, maybe these products work better on younger skin.

I remember the last time I asked how everyone was doing with these products I got very little response. Maybe you'll have better luck then I did with people commenting. I keep thinking if he can sell these products for 150 on his website someone must be getting results. I'm glad you are but for me none.

Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 myshell624 said:

Thanks for your review. I was curious how those that ordered were liking it. I don't need firming but if it helps with spots I will keep it in mind.

You don't need firming??? Shall we ban her, ladies? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Lucky you -- I can't even imagine what that would be like any more! I was just thinking today that my SKIN could pass for a 30 year old's (I'm 61) but when you get the whole picture, it's the sagging and drooping that really telegraph my age. That overrides the skin, IMO.

Did you inherit great anti-sagging genes? If so, give that relative a BIG hug!!

Super Contributor

Is this the stuff that ProductGuy loves?

Regular Contributor

On 5/25/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Love the smell of the entire line, enjoy using, experienced firming with the serum. After my two weeks with Carac cream and not being able to use anything, I changed everything up again to try and prevent the sun damage the Carac cream addressed. I'm trying Skinceuticals-type products from Cosmetic Skin Solutions. I'm using their Phloretin serum and Phyto Botanical Gel in the AM and alternating between their AHA serum and Retinol 1% serum at night. I may have to drop the AHA or at least not put it on my nose. the Retinol tends to migrate into the sensitive eye areas, but I'm determined to plow through. I have a prescription for Retin-A from my dermatologist, but I just don't know if my skin can take it.

I have a ton of Michael Todd products. The AHA in the cream is too strong for me. I prefer the serum, but I'm not using it right now. The line appears to have impressive ingredients, but the more they show up at greatly reduced prices in places like Living Social, the less confidence I have in the company.

Super Contributor

Thanks for your review. I was curious how those that ordered were liking it. I don't need firming but if it helps with spots I will keep it in mind.

Lucky you -- I can't even imagine what that would be like any more! I was just thinking today that my SKIN could pass for a 30 year old's (I'm 61) but when you get the whole picture, it's the sagging and drooping that really telegraph my age. That overrides the skin, IMO.

You are too funny Maren. I'll be 39 next month and I do seem to take after my dad in terms of aging. He is 64 and could easily pass for 50.

Super Contributor

On 5/25/2014 ProductGuy said:

Love the smell of the entire line, enjoy using, experienced firming with the serum. After my two weeks with Carac cream and not being able to use anything, I changed everything up again to try and prevent the sun damage the Carac cream addressed. I'm trying Skinceuticals-type products from Cosmetic Skin Solutions. I'm using their Phloretin serum and Phyto Botanical Gel in the AM and alternating between their AHA serum and Retinol 1% serum at night. I may have to drop the AHA or at least not put it on my nose. the Retinol tends to migrate into the sensitive eye areas, but I'm determined to plow through. I have a prescription for Retin-A from my dermatologist, but I just don't know if my skin can take it.

I have a ton of Michael Todd products. The AHA in the cream is too strong for me. I prefer the serum, but I'm not using it right now. The line appears to have impressive ingredients, but the more they show up at greatly reduced prices in places like Living Social, the less confidence I have in the company.

Have you finished with your Carac cream? How are/were the results?

There's a lot to be said for the smell and other sensory delights, IMO. A big reason I love Tria so much is the fragrance (very mild), the feel, the packaging -- everything (plus it REALLY works). So it's great there's a line that you enjoy whiffing. :-) Just had to return a couple of Skinn products, one smelled like a cheap aftershave, the other like Jim Beam -- not delightful to slather all over my face.

Now you've got me heading over to check out Cosmetic Skin Solutions (although I'm sure I've been there before). Have you tried NCN products? I know people have commented her Retinol products aren't too harsh (they say that about PTR and Kate Sommerville, too, I think). All depends on our skin.

Hope this will work for you -- and don't forget a high-zinc sunblock!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

On 5/25/2014 myshell624 said:

You are too funny Maren. I'll be 39 next month and I do seem to take after my dad in terms of aging. He is 64 and could easily pass for 50.

Yay, Dad! It's great that you're obviously AWARE, myshell -- too many people don't even begin paying attention until it's WAY too late. And there are so many advances and new technologies and I assume there will continue to be because it's BIG business. By the time you hit my age there will be facelifts in a tube or something. :-)

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 ProductGuy said:

Have you finished with your Carac cream? How are/were the results?

There's a lot to be said for the smell and other sensory delights, IMO. A big reason I love Tria so much is the fragrance (very mild), the feel, the packaging -- everything (plus it REALLY works). So it's great there's a line that you enjoy whiffing. :-) Just had to return a couple of Skinn products, one smelled like a cheap aftershave, the other like Jim Beam -- not delightful to slather all over my face.

Now you've got me heading over to check out Cosmetic Skin Solutions (although I'm sure I've been there before). Have you tried NCN products? I know people have commented her Retinol products aren't too harsh (they say that about PTR and Kate Sommerville, too, I think). All depends on our skin.

Hope this will work for you -- and don't forget a high-zinc sunblock!!!!!!!!

If you see results with Carmac (I used Efudex -- same thing), they aren't good. This is basically a chemo cream used to knock out actinic keratoses (pre-cancerous spots/lesions) both visible and invisible. So if you have AKs, you light up like a Christmas tree.

I didn't leave the house for weeks the two time I underwent treatment. It was hideous and excruciating.

I just hope that I will never have to do this again.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 myshell624 said:

Ah she's only 39! I hate to tell you but you will find out what you are truly made of as soon as you hit menopause. I always thought the change was a rather silly euphemism. Now I know better