Contributor

Review- Olay Total Effects CC Cream

Having completely been under a rock and not jumping on the BB bandwagon, I decided to hop on the CC craze and here is my review. I've been using the Olay Total Effects CC cream for two weeks now. First, the smell. Even though it has SPF 15, it doesn't have that usual overpowering sunscreen smell the way some other products do. I can smell it very slightly, and I am really sensitive to smells. When I apply it, I dab it on with two fingers then smooth it out. It feels sort of wet for a minute or so. Usually I let it sink in while I brush my teeth or something, then go back to applying the rest of my makeup. I am generally light to medium, and that's what I bought. The color is good for me, not too light or too dark. It doesn't have a ton of coverage, I have some freckles and a couple sun spots that I can still see after I apply it, but they do look more diffused. I've been topping it on days when I want more coverage with my BE loose foundation and if I do that, my skin looks super great. I use less of the BE too, because its just a light dusting over the top of the CC cream. As far as the claims that it helps with tone and anti aging, it's too early to know if it is helping. But I figure its not going to hurt me. At 49, I will take all the help I can get. So was this worth $20 for me? Yes. I often forget to use sunscreen so with it being inside this, I don't have to think about it. If you need more coverage, you will need to add some other foundation over it. But for days I just am running errands and such, I think it looks nice and I will probably buy it again when I run out. That is unless they have a DD cream out by then ; )