Respected Contributor

Review: IT Cosmetics, new products!

I ordered directly from Jaime's site: delivery was fast.

The original Bye-Bye Under eyes never worked for me. I do have darkness and I need a color corrector. No matter what tiny amount I used, it creased and did nothing for me.

That is not the case with the new formula! The new formula, Bye Bye Under Eye Concealing pot is totally different: it does have a color corrector in it. I could use a little more corrector or maybe I just need to apply more product.

To use, I use a small flat synthetic brush to get the product out of the pot and warm it up on the back of my hand for a few seconds, then I swipe it under my eyes on on my red nose. I then pat it using my ring finger and a dampened Beauty Blender brush.

Yesterday it was hot and steamy and ordinarily I bake my concealer: if I don't, I look like a raccoon. I decided not to bake, and was no worse for the wear. It never creased and my eye liner and mascara and a little eye shadow that I used under my eye stayed in place. A Winner!

My second purchase was Bye Bye Lines foundation. In full disclosure on a day to day basis I use Bye Bye MU remover twice a day followed by three scrums from The Ordinary including Argireline which clumps up small lines. That is followed by The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer. They make two Primers: this one is in a tube and is well suited for dryer skin. The other primer is in a bottle and if you have an oily complexion, it "mattifies". You also will need less foundation-and both work with Celebration Foundation.

So, my skin is well hydrated before applying any makeup, but Bye Bye Lines gets a five star rating. It has an SPF 50-always a plus. While sweating profusely yesterday, it didn't streak...and it survived a dip in the pool! I did use a little powder to matte it down a bit (I love the Bye Bye Pores loose and compact powders) but I also love Tarte Finishing Powder: on me, it has the property of making my makeup seamless.

I always apply foundations with a damp Beauty Blender, and this was no exception. Just using that technique alone gives a smoother finish and more longevity to any foundation you wear.

I am using Charlotte Tilbury skin care. The results were immediate and astounding. It's hard to give up something that works so well, but I couldn't resist trying IT Secret Sauce. If it works as well immediately as shown on the IT web-site, what woman of a certain age wouldn't want it? I will try it over the weekend....

If you like IT Cosmetics, they just released a whole slew of new products that can be purchased directly from them.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Review: IT Cosmetics, new products!

Wow @Poodlepet2! I like IT too, but I haven't ordered since Jamie sold her company. Thanks for the reviews. It sounds like they are coming out with some interesting products, so I might have to try some of them. Have fun continuing to enjoy your new products! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Hi PoodlePet. I just recently started looking at It Cosmetics when I couldn't find a foundation to work for my skin undertone. I tried high end and drugstore formulas (powder, cream, liquid).

Well that all changed when I finally decided to order a travel size of the CC cream foundation from It Cosmetics website. I ordered the tan shade since the medium was sold out. With the order I received a sample of the medium CC cream foundation. I tried the tan which was just a little too dark but I really liked the consistency and blendability and the 50 spf. So, I tried the medium shade in the sample and really liked it. I got easily 5-7 applications out of the tiny foil packet.

I also received a nice size sample of the confidence in a compact foundation in medium. I was sold! I kept going back and forth between the 2 types of foundations and finally decided on the confience in a compact. I really liked the consistency and blendability along with the spot on shade match and how it wore all day long. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my skin. I do have to add a dusting of powder to control the oiliness of my skin but I'm sold on this foundation. The sample size is huge. I've been using it for over a week now and still have enough for another week or two. 

I just purchased the full size of confidence in a compact in medium from IC. This will last me several months easily. A little goes a long way. I can control how much coverage I want too. I also received a sample size of the Bye Bye Pores pressed powder. I'm going to easily get 2+ weeks out of this sample. It Cosmetics knows what it is doing with these nice size samples. Oh, I really like the pressed powder. May have to get that another time. Can you tell I'm excited about this brand?!

Respected Contributor

@MissMaggieMoo, I have no allegiance to any one brand, but I have always loved IT foundations! I loved the colors in her color cosmetics, but for some reason, they fade to nothing on me.

Alas, It has great products! I love Bye Bye Makeup: it is so hydrating! I love Tightline Mascara, and where would I be without those beautiful lip stains? 

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I ordered the new IT cleanser that comes in a tube.  I'm not too fond of it.  Will try it a few more times, but it may be a return.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2I have been purchasing alot of IT this past week.  I am using the new cleanser & toner which I really like.  The toner just makes by face glow.  I also purchased the Secret Sauce and so far am loving it.  It gives my skin a lit from within and I don't find it greasy at all.  I just ordered the Bye Bye foundation since they emailed me a coupon I had to use it.  I should get that this week.  I also plan on going to Ulta tomorrow with their coupon to get the Bye Bye illumination powder. I also want to try the new concealer.  

Respected Contributor

@Pecky, you are going to love Bye Bye Foundation: it feels like nothing on your skin! Other than my serum and I must use moisturizer under my eyes, it is excellent! It really covers redness-and on a good day for me, even covers my slightly but noticeable to me, dark circles! I've been reserving it for weekend use when I'm on the water. It lasts all day-and I purposely have slept in it....my skin looked great the morning after-don't faint. I know everybody says NEVER sleep with MU on, but Jaime said you could sleep in it-I have- and I wouldn't make a habit out of it, but it's phenomenal. I paid $68 for that tube: I just didn't need more color cosmetics.

I hope Jaime brings this to QVC: I would abandon all other foundations-seriously.

I am an MU addict: name a product, and I probably have it!

So far, the reviews on the new cleanser don't seem so favorable.....but why?

To be honest, the first few times I used Bye Bye MU, it did feel heavy-like using Vaseline or Pond's in the days of yore.

I don't just "tissue off": I use a Campanelli face cloth to remove. I am telling you, my skin improved so much!

Full disclosure: I also use Charlotte Tilbury multi-tasking balm. Same thing basically-I love them both. If you are an IT girl, after removing your MU with Bye Bye MU, give yourself a wonderful facial massage using it-nothing else needed. Your skin will be so hydrated the next morning!

@noodleann pposted about an M.As am Reservatrol balm that I want to try. She actually used a Sharpie Marker to test-and it passed with flying colors.

I am going to try that out after I finish my IT!

Great products abound: not everything works for everyone, but so far, so good!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Do you think the pot concealer could be applied with just your finger? I was kind of interested in this but don't want to mess around with a brush, LOL.