Esteemed Contributor

Review: ELF Illuminating Eye Cream

I have not tried this, but I wanted to share this review from an email I got from GWPAddict.com. I find her to be a pretty reliable source of product info. I know some of you like some ELF products.

I would like to review one of my new favorite products for you guys: elf Cosmetics Illuminating Eye Cream ($10). The folks at elf were kind enough to send me this product to try out and I’m excited to share this because I like this product far more than I thought I would. I hate to say it but I am a bit of a beauty product snob; I like my department store skincare products and I don’t often stray from them into the aisles of my local drugstore. But this eye cream has me re-considering this mentality! Let me share that I suffer from chronically puffy eyes (due to allergies and poor sleep) so for many years every morning I have faithfully used my Clinique All About Eyes eye cream ($31) and it has always fixed my problem.

So when I received the Illuminating Eye Cream I honestly thought I’d give it a try but then go back to my Clinique. Well, after using this cream morning and night for almost two weeks I have to say I have found my new favorite de-puffing eye cream! This product is equally as effective as Clinique All About Eyes; I even did a side by side comparison of the two and the results were the same, both eyes looked de-puffed and fresher than before I applied the creams.

This eye cream is a bargain at just $10 (1/3 the price of the Clinique cream; each brand gives you 0.5 oz of product). The texture is a similar gel-cream to the Clinique product and does have a very faint cucumber scent when you sniff the jar but I did not notice any scent at all once I applied the cream. If you are in need of a de-puffing eye cream, I highly recommend this product!

If you decide you want to give this a try, elf has four coupons going right now: Get free shipping with any $25 purchase with code SHIP25; or get 30% off all sale products with code SALE30; or get 50% off online exclusive purchases of $30 or more with code ONLYHERE; or they have a great PWP this weekend, spend $25 and you can get the Play Beautifully Bundle, a $26 value, for just $6 with code PLAYBEAUTIFULLY at checkout, through March 29 or while supplies last.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

Re: Review: ELF Illuminating Eye Cream

Thanks betteb, I like the price!

Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carbomer, Trehalose, Triethanolamine, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Disodium EDTA, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Trusted Contributor

Image result for elf illuminating eye cream

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting the ingredients AnnMarie. That cucumber extract is what reduces the puffiness. I can remember my Mom laying down with cucumber slices on her eyes.

Seems there was a lot more beauty treatments from the kitchen back then. Somebody figured out that they could bottle those home remedies and make a million dollars

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

bumping this for snoops

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I saw where e.l.f. was coming out with a new skincare line and I do like a lot of their makeup. It's nice to see a review before purchasing, maybe I'll give it a try.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting this review, betteb!