Super Contributor

I've been seeing an ad for this on my FB page. You prep your nail with product and then dip into a powder. Anyone tried it yet? Thoughts?  The starter kit runs around $50, but then you just need to buy additiona powders for more colors.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

I have done something similar at the nail salon, it works great does not chip and for me last 21/2 to 3 weeks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Revel Nails

[ Edited ]

No, but you can do this with supplies from a nail supply store. The Revel site talks about how they wanted a healthier alternative to acrylics, but as far as I can tell, those are acrylic powders being used, so it's still acrylics, just not applied in the traditional sense. You still need to buff the nail and use products like nail glue and an activator.

Here's a tutorial on how to do them with powder acrylics from a nail supply store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3vBq7_KIh4

Acrylic powders cost around $10-15 and you'll need the glue, activator, top coat, and buffer. You can get a plain color for around $10 and the fancier colors, like glitter, thermal (mood), or glow in the dark will cost more. If Revel charges $15 for everything, they're on the high end. I also don't see a way to buy the glue, activator, etc outside of a kit. You can get those at Sally Beauty, but you'll need a professional nail supply store for the colored acrylic powder. Check out Glam and Glitz or Victoria Nail Supply online.