Respected Contributor

Returns to Sephora- as good as Ulta?

I love Ulta simply because you can buy something, use it, and return it anytime within 60 days, no questions asked. Is Sephora as guiltless when it comes to returns? I want to know if they ever give you a hassle, especially if the product has been used more than once or twice. I'm not planning on using half of the product and then returning, but I typically like to use something for atleast 7-10 days before I make a decision.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returns to Sephora- as good as Ulta?

Sephora will accept a return without hassle.  You may be asked reason for return, but most businesses ask that for data to provide to corporate marketing for feedback to their distributors.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes they have a good returns policy....it used to be 60 days also, don't know if it still is though. I've never waited that long to return anything.

You can also order online and return it in store if you prefer.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Trusted Contributor

I've never had a hassle, but I have experienced some attitude when returning something to Sephora.

Honored Contributor

Sephora is usally good with returning.  I only had one time when they gave me alittle attiude saying they do give out samples and to do that before buying the product.  Ulta for some reason does not give out samples.  

Trusted Contributor

I've had no problem at Sephora.  At Ulta, I recently returned one item.  I actually purchased the wrong item and went back to exchange it the next day.  They did it, but I got quite a bit of attitude.  She had to have the manager approve it too.  It was a philosophy item (about $40), but it was still in a sealed package. 

Contributor

I have never had a problem returning anything at Sephora, and they are always nice about it.