Honored Contributor

Returning the new SKINN hair products.

Scent, to me, is almost identical to Living Proof so...eh.

However, what killed it for me is the amount of protein in the shampoo and conditioner. FAR more than in the original product. In addition, the salt that is added to the conditioner dosen't wow me. In the end, I wound up with a dried out head of hair. 

Packed up and returning tomorrow. Canceled my AD on the line. I'm sticking with the original hair products as they make my hair look....beautiful. VERY disappointed in the new products.

Honored Contributor

Re: Returning the new SKINN hair products.

That is too bad. I know for my hair, I can't use products that are for volumizing. One, because I don't need the extra volume but two, and most important, they tend to be drying. Sorry it didn't work for you. I thought the original was nice too, just not moisturizing enough for me. The scent did not bother me- I personally didn't find it to be strongly scented as many complained about.  Is this new one replacing the other one or is he offering both formulas?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze  From what I remember, both will be offered. The ad content is that this is just "improved" for those that want more volume. The ingredients are SIMILAR but NOT the same; I don't recall the mentioning of so much added protein and sea salt (but maybe he did).

I have never been able to use sea salt products; had I known I wouldn't have even bothered ordering it in the first place. However, I should have read the ingredients first; my fault for not doing so.

The scent on the original doesn't bother me either and it goes away once you style it so, I didn't care about it. 

Honored Contributor

I tried it yesterday & like it. I thought it would be too drying since it's a volumizing shampoo but it was not with 1st use. All the ones I have ever tried have been. I also like the scent. It does linger. I could still smell it when I went to bed last night. Did not really notice it this morning. No lingering scent with the other. I like both. It did add volume to my hair. My hair on top on my head was not flat when I got up this morning. My hair does feel thicker. Will see how I like it after I use it some more.

It did not come with a return label.