Honored Contributor

Re: Returning my Beekman soap :(

I bought  a couple of bars of their soap and did not care for it at all. It actually made my skin feel dry.  I just do not understand why people think their product is all that.  It is just soap.. there is lots of soap out there better than theirs.

Frequent Contributor

I have tried a few different brands of Goat milk soap and every one of the dried my skin out. Just can't use them. 

Honored Contributor

I've been very happy with Beekman soap but have been rethinking a lot of my expenditures lately and not sure I'll reorder once I use up my stash.
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
I've been very happy with Beekman soap but have been rethinking a lot of my expenditures lately and not sure I'll reorder once I use up my stash.

@JeanLouiseFinch

How long will that take? If your stash is anything like mine I'll be bequeathing it to my daughter! lol

I am so loving the apricot/honey tea that's in my shower right now. Smells divine

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I'm reading the responses and no one thinks twice about ordering a 4 pack, deciding to use 1 and then return them all?

Then ordering again, using and returning them all again.

And we all wonder why things cost so much

@Just Bling

So true.  If I use or wear something and it doesn't work out for me, unless it's defective it's my loss.  If there were unused bars I'd give them away; if it's something worn I donate it.

You'd think there would be a way to track shoppers that continually order, use, then return similar items or brands.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

How long will that take? If your stash is anything like mine I'll be bequeathing it to my daughter! lol

I am so loving the apricot/honey tea that's in my shower right now. Smells divine

LOL, @Andreatoo, I'm definitely good for awhile, maybe even until the end of the year.  Who knows, maybe I'm just in a mood and will end up changing my mind at some point, but I've been thinking about priorities and simplifying a lot lately.  Yes, there are certain skincare items that I don't want to give up, yet Beekman soap, while very nice, is something we could probably live without.  I mean, we did fine before we discovered it, right?

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of this brand.  Over priced and just isn't that good.  I'll stick with Goat Milk Stuff.

Honored Contributor

I have eczema so anything that doesn't hurt is a big plus. If I didn't have problem skin, I probably wouldn't be buying their soap and yes, it is a bit pricey.  I have been using body washes ever since they came out. Soap? Are we back in the stone ages? I used Dove and Philosophy body washes and decided to give goat milk soap a try.

My skin is less dry and I will admit, not a fan of all their scents. Some are better than others. Not a fan of the hand cream. LOVE LOVE LOVE their body cream. There are hits and misses but because of my condition, the soap helps.

I think people will tend to spend more on items that helps a problem. For instance, I use moderately priced shampoos and conditioners because my hair is pretty good. NO styling products of any kind. I don't even blow dry but air dry. I have a very slight wave. Others might spend more to get shiny, more volume, etc.Mousse, gel, spray. I say spend whatever makes you happy within your means.

Honored Contributor

I have used the Beekman Bar soap and like the mild scents, I have dry skin and it works well for me. First Aid Beauty makes a bar soap, 5 ounces and it's 14.00 a bar, best soap I have used to date.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

@Andreatoo  I guess I'm in good company!!!!