New Contributor

Has anyone tried to return unused bottles of Wen since the class action lawsuit was announced? I have a gallon sitting in my closet that I don't want to use because, while I am not balding in any way, over the years I have noticed a lot of hair falling out in the shower after using Wen cleansers....WAY more than ever falls out using regular foaming shampoo. I stupidly never connected this hair loss with Wen, but I am officially done with the product. 

Problem is, I am pretty sure my unused gallon has been sitting in my closet for well over 6 months. It was an auto-delivery I got a while ago. I wonder if QVC will relax their return policy in light of this lawsuit and bad publicity with Wen products. Anyone know? I sent an email and plan to call, but was still wondering if anyone has been in this stuation.  I guess worse case scenario is I have a gallon of shave cream that will last me 10 years. At least if it makes me lose hair on my legs, that is a positive unintended consequence Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I am rather certain you had it too long to return. You can post it on the wen board to see if anyone wants to buy it from you or you can try selling onn ebay

Honored Contributor

I don't know about returning them. It would be nice if QVC gave some sort of a credit, to be spent on a future purchase though I wouldn't hold my breath! I finally broke down and bought the TSV, never having used it.  Now this lawsuit, I wouldn't have bought it if I had known. I threw away the packaging so I guess I'm stuck with it. I'll probably use it to see how it is. I had this on AD but cancelled it.

Honored Contributor

your post doesn't really make sense. You've had the gallon for 6 months but never used it because you were worried since you've been using wen for years you' had more hair falling out but you bought the gallon anyway? Yet didn't use it nor did you return it in the allotted return timeframe? Sounds like you have buyers remorse, then you allowed the return time period to  pass for whatever reaso and now you want to capitilize on the lawsuit to get your money back. Kind of shady, no?

New Contributor

No, I got it on auto delivery a long time ago but had another bottle I was finishing up in the meantime. I use Wen interspersed with regular shampoo so it takes me a while to go through bottles. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Returning WEN

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

your post doesn't really make sense. You've had the gallon for 6 months but never used it because you were worried since you've been using wen for years you' had more hair falling out but you bought the gallon anyway? Yet didn't use it nor did you return it in the allotted return timeframe? Sounds like you have buyers remorse, then you allowed the return time period to  pass for whatever reaso and now you want to capitilize on the lawsuit to get your money back. Kind of shady, no?

Wow. Kinda accusatory,no?  This post made perfect sense. I bet lots of people have gallons of this conditioner/shampoo from auto delivery who feel uneasy about using it now.  A poster asked a legitimate question and  you snarked the heck out of it. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I am rather certain you had it too long to return. You can post it on the wen board to see if anyone wants to buy it from you or you can try selling onn ebay

@kcladyz   @smokesgal

This is against the board guidelines.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Returning WEN

[ Edited ]

@smokesgal wrote:

Has anyone tried to return unused bottles of Wen since the class action lawsuit was announced? I have a gallon sitting in my closet that I don't want to use because, while I am not balding in any way, over the years I have noticed a lot of hair falling out in the shower after using Wen cleansers....WAY more than ever falls out using regular foaming shampoo. I stupidly never connected this hair loss with Wen, but I am officially done with the product. 

Problem is, I am pretty sure my unused gallon has been sitting in my closet for well over 6 months. It was an auto-delivery I got a while ago. I wonder if QVC will relax their return policy in light of this lawsuit and bad publicity with Wen products. Anyone know? I sent an email and plan to call, but was still wondering if anyone has been in this stuation.  I guess worse case scenario is I have a gallon of shave cream that will last me 10 years. At least if it makes me lose hair on my legs, that is a positive unintended consequence Smiley Happy

@smokesgal  I doubt that QVC is going to change their return policy.  So far, there's only been claims made against WEN, be it Chaz Dean or Guthy-Renker.  Nothing has been proven and it could be a very long drawn out case.  I don't think QVC is under any obligation to do anything - at least for now anyway. In spite of any who are jumping ship, there are still plenty of supporters.  As a former user, I've always been a supporter and felt there must be something else going on when people would report hair loss.  I'm still there, for the most part, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't given it a second thought recently.  When I first started using WEN, I had definite regrowth.  Over the last year I've had some thinning, but I just attributed it to aging.  I stopped buying WEN a few months ago, but it was a financial decision.  I have some that I'm using up and alternating with regular shampoos and conditioners but have no plans to buy more.  I never thought WEN was causing any adverse affects on my hair, but who knows?  I had a couple of unopened gallons (with new pumps) and recently sold them on eBay.  Funny, last weekend I was at my sister's house.  I brought my own stuff with me, but forgot to grab it before hopping into the shower.  Since I was already inside and wet, I just used her Aussie-something volumizing shampoo and my hair looked really good that day.  You might not get the exact amount you paid, but if it will give you peace of mind to not use WEN, you'll probably be able to sell your unopened bottles on eBay and recoup some of your money.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.