Respected Contributor

Re: Return policy for expensive beauty products

@hyacinth003 wrote:

The one product costs $435 by itself outside of this TSV.  NO WAY would I buy that with only a 30 day return period.

Since they have to discard the product anyway if returned, they should try it.

Hyacinth

Actually @hyacinth003 , Neuropeptide Facial Conformer in the 2 oz size is $495 retail.

Respected Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

The one product costs $435 by itself outside of this TSV.  NO WAY would I buy that with only a 30 day return period.

Since they have to discard the product anyway if returned, they should try it.

Hyacinth

Actually @hyacinth003 , Neuropeptide Facial Conformer in the 2 oz size is $495 retail.

Wow, must have seen the price wrong!  I would not have paid either price!

And there's no cap for the bottle.  Should get a gold cap!

Hyacinth

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

My one complaint is packaging.  The cream ($240 regularly) is in a tube that it pours out too much of.  The consistency is on the thin side, so I often get too much.  The other product ($435) is in a bottle with a pump dispenser and NO CAP.  For that price??

@hyacinth003

I too used to waste the cream when it came running out. Wasn't sure if it was a bad batch or not, as the first time I bought this product (December 2014) it seemed thicker.

At any rate, someone on this forum not long ago said she just sticks a needle/pin in the foil top that covers the hole, instead of completely removing the foil, in order to prevent a lot running out accidentally. What a great idea! So that is what I am going to do when I open the tube I got with this TSV.

Also, in another TSV sometime back this same product came in a jar. I am almost finished with that jar (which was part of a four or five product kit). I actually prefer this item in a jar because there is more control when you are getting the product out of a jar. But I must say, the contents in the jar appear to be a little more firm and not as runny. The name is the same, however: Neuropeptide Facial Cream. Go figure! ha!

Am not understanding your mention of a cap on the Conformer. Since it comes with a pump dispenser, do you feel a cap on top of that is necessary?

Frankly, I don't like the pump dispensers on any of Perricone's products. I always have problems getting the creams or serums out of the very bottom. I end up placing it upside down, but then that makes a mess of the dispenser or the original cap that came with it. And since his products come in glass containers, you can't use one of the "flip-it" gadgets like QVC sells (and I use for my other plastic bottles), because you can't squeeze stuff out of the hard container. Smiley Sad  I very much like things to be in a jar or tube for easier access.

That's a great suggestion for using a pin!

Yes, I would like a cap.  Seems like the pump is just hanging out there with product left in it after dispensing.  Seems unhygienic to me.

For the price, the pump is awful too!  I have had to play with it many times to get it out.  Then you're concerned too much will rush out all at once!  For the price, I don't want that!!  I can just imagine what it will be like toward the end of the bottle.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

By the way, I meant to mention something.  This may not be the best place because it pertains to all products with droppers.

Keep your caps and use them.  Never store the facial care product with the dropper inside.  Use the dropper to dispense, then put the cap back on.

@Funloving, I have a few products that have a dropper, but none have caps. I'd not every heard that it was a problem, and I haven't experienced any rancidity or change at all in the products.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

By the way, I meant to mention something.  This may not be the best place because it pertains to all products with droppers.

Keep your caps and use them.  Never store the facial care product with the dropper inside.  Use the dropper to dispense, then put the cap back on.

@Funloving, I have a few products that have a dropper, but none have caps. I'd not every heard that it was a problem, and I haven't experienced any rancidity or change at all in the products.

@suzyQ3-

I had to finish a work project due Monday, but did a quick search to see where I read this. 

I could have sworn it was read on Paula Begoun's site, but certainly can't find it now.

What I DID find was in reference to essential oils, which can degrade if stored with the rubber dropper.

Since I can't substantiate this statement right now, possibly I dreamed it up out of the clear blue.  I don't think I did but at the moment can't put my finger on where I read this- OTHER THAN ESSENTIAL OILS during my search just now--- so I wouldn't worry.

It's so frustrating to me because I know I read this tip from a reputable source.  I still wouldn't worry about a product degrading stored with a rubber dropper as long as the seal is tight and the rubber portion isn't torn.

Respected Contributor

Hey all,

Regarding my statement above regarding skincare with rubber droppers being stored with the cap instead, I can't substantiate this statement.

I certainly don't take giving false advice on this forum lightly... and this may be the case.

When I have more time I will search again.  Until then, please disregard this statement.

We all know that certain products like Vit C - a degradable active, should be stored properly.  Amber bottles are cheaper, but deep blue bottles are another good choice.  Regardless of dark amber or blue bottles, products with actives should be kept out of direct sunlight. 

Obviously products with strong actives shouldn't be housed in a jar that is opened each time.  An airtight container with a pump that has a small opening is perfectly suitable.

Again, my regrets to lead anyone astray with this statement I "thought" I'd read recently.  If anyone runs across info about serums & other skin care storage with rubber droppers (besides essential oils)  from a reputable source,  please be kind enough to post it. 

(;

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

And there's no cap for the bottle.  Should get a gold cap!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

Thanks for the much-needed chuckle! (:

Honored Contributor

@Funloving, my friend, don't fret over it. It was nothing.

I remember early on in my teaching English to court reporting students, I thought that I had maybe led them astray about something. So I clarified it with them and apologized.

One student raised her hand and said, "Don't worry about; most of don't even pay close attention."

That just cracked me up. But it's true. People don't hang on our words of wisdom as much as we would like to think.

Have a good evening, Fun.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Funloving, my friend, don't fret over it. It was nothing.

I remember early on in my teaching English to court reporting students, I thought that I had maybe led them astray about something. So I clarified it with them and apologized.

One student raised her hand and said, "Don't worry about; most of don't even pay close attention."

That just cracked me up. But it's true. People don't hang on our words of wisdom as much as we would like to think.

Have a good evening, Fun.

Hey @suzyQ3-

ROFLMAO... yep, you're SO right.  That was my technical side talking- the one that's ultra ****** about everything...... you know- multiple personality disorder.  Just kidding.  I may be a nut case at times but sometimes too much sanity is a real waste! LOL

Respected Contributor

Oh and adorable @suzyQ3.  I really wasn't fretting about it at all. I had totally forgotten about it.  I was just jabbering to set the record straight.  When you've been at death's door you don't fret over such small stuff.

I think you're awesome though.  Bet you were a great teacher.