Esteemed Contributor

I haven't decided which one to get. I'm checking everything out and will wait another month or so. 

I plan on starting with a low strength. Probably will use it only 2-3 times a week until I get used to it. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I have been using Strivectin NIA114 Retinol and Strivectin NIA114 s.t.a.r night oil for about 4 years.  I'm very satisfied with the product but it is expensive.  I purchase from them when they offer 25-30%.  I heard that ROC products are great and don't cost so much compared to Strivectin.  Think I'll give ROC a try.  

Honored Contributor

Harpa:  Did you mean totem pole not total pole? That's what we'd say out here where I live.   I had to laugh because someone in way-rural Oklahoma once was giving me directions and said something I could not understand.  After several utterances I said "WHAT are you saying" and he laughed and said:

"Past the TOTE-A-POKE--Like 'Carry-a-sack'."  I'd thought he was saying "totem pole" and I couldn't think of one near by.  Turns out it was the convenience store: Tote-a-poke!  Woman Very Happy  Thought you'd like that story! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Harpa:  Did you mean totem pole not total pole? That's what we'd say out here where I live.   I had to laugh because someone in way-rural Oklahoma once was giving me directions and said something I could not understand.  After several utterances I said "WHAT are you saying" and he laughed and said:

"Past the TOTE-A-POKE--Like 'Carry-a-sack'."  I'd thought he was saying "totem pole" and I couldn't think of one near by.  Turns out it was the convenience store: Tote-a-poke!  Woman Very Happy  Thought you'd like that story! 

Thank you, @Sooner !! Yes, I absolutely meant totem pole, and how it ever typed out, total, is beyond me!

Maybe I can recruit you to proof-read my on-line course instructional lessons! 

Honored Contributor

When I had the prescription, my dermatologist said to use the Retin A every other day for a week to 10 days and use a good moisturizer twice daily.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Thank you, @Sooner !! Yes, I absolutely meant totem pole, and how it ever typed out, total, is beyond me!

Maybe I can recruit you to proof-read my on-line course instructional lessons! 

@Harpa LOL!!!  Been there, done that, retired not seeking employment!  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner, Maybe I can bribe you with a cup of tea? A pot of tea...? A teapot?

Honored Contributor

@Harpa Tea?  Tea AND a cookie?  Am brewing Rose Oolong in my new Zojirushi brew-in tumbler now!!!  But yes, tea AND a cookie would work!  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Retinol starting tips

[ Edited ]

Just made chocolate pizzelles, @Sooner ! And I have plenty of tea on hand. So whenever you get here!

Apologies to @teganslaw ! Besides proofing text, we'll be discussing retinol as well.