Super Contributor
On 5/10/2014 vaccinia said:

I wish I was having a smooth integration of Retin-A into my routine. I've been introducing it gradually (every third night), but after 4 weeks, I'm still breaking out and flaking. CeraVe moisturizer helps the flaking a lot, but these darn breakouts make we want to give up. I don't know what it could be other than the Retin-A since I haven't been using any other new products.

When does the clear, radiant skin show up?

1{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Like I said, my skin still gets flaky at times an I have been using it 25 years!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, hyacinth and stilltamn8r! The flaking's lessened a lot already, and I'm trying to be patient with the breakouts. It's early yet, and I need to give it some time to see how it's going to work.

Super Contributor
I try and think of the flaking as uncovering ""new"" skin..so I look at it as a positive!!!!
Super Contributor

Last night I was reading everything I could online (articles by derms) about how to handle a retin a burn. Many said Neosporin and cortisone cream for the burns. Some said aloe. I tried aloe last night and it burned more plus seemed to be drying for me. I tried the Neosporin and cortisone which helped a bit. Cocoanut oil was calming and moisturizing but an ant in my home found me in bed and thought I was dinner. That freaked me out for a few hours. On the plus side my left side of my face looks really good. I did read not to use retin a around your mouth. I can see why because that is where I am burned.