Honored Contributor

Re: Retin A for the neck

[ Edited ]

The derm who started me on Retin A (lowest RX to start) said to use it hair line to bra line & hands...That’s her expression I quote. After 40 years, my neck does look better than friends my age. It helps w/ building collagen, smoothing texture and fading dark spots, etc. on my face. Why would I not want the same on my neck? Also why would I want my neck/chest/hands to age faster than my face?

I followed her instructions to begin using Retin A only 2 nights a week & good moisturizer the other nights. She recommended something like Cerave (not sure they had that 40 years ago, but a good drugstore moisturizer). At 30, didn’t need anti-aging benefits. The highest SPF at the time was spf 15 and she suggested the one for babies...gentle, less additives to irritate skin. After a month, I went to 3 nights of Retin A and so on. By month 6 or 8, I was using Retin A .l% almost every night & using my judgement to skip a night if I saw any redness. 

***Neck cream: years ago when Bare Minerals came out w/ their 1st neck cream, I started using that. Meh. Fast forward to their Ageless Genius Neck Cream...the Bomb!! I’ve used it religiously twice a day since it launched...purchase the duos. No, it does not lift and firm, no cream will, but the over all texture of the skin on my neck has changed dramatically. 

Geeeeeez!!! Long post not needed to get to the point. Apologies. 🥺

Super Contributor

Thank you for the great advice. You have so much knowledge.

Super Contributor

I only have the 1 percent and have a lot of tubes. I was worried it would make my neck worse because it might dry the skin out. Great advice on the neck cream.