Trusted Contributor

Re: Retin-A.....Dos and Dont’s at Age 50..........

Thank you for posting this information, I was not familiar with these you tubers.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There is a misconception that Retin-A makes the skin thin. Maybe that is what is meant by 'hollow you out' ...?? The fact is, Retin-A does not make your skin thin. It does just the opposite.

Exactly.

My derm has me on Retin A for 10 years at least.  My insurance pays for it with a special authorization form from the doctor.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

There is a misconception that Retin-A makes the skin thin. Maybe that is what is meant by 'hollow you out' ...?? The fact is, Retin-A does not make your skin thin. It does just the opposite.

Exactly.

My derm has me on Retin A for 10 years at least.  My insurance pays for it with a special authorization form from the doctor.

Why would people think an insurance company SHOULD pay for an anti-aging product?

If someone has acne or other serious skin condition, that is one thing.  But for anti-aging, we should NOT expect health insurance to cover it, in my opinion.

I am in the process of jumping through hoops to the the diabetic testing kit I would like.  My daughter cannot get the prescription drug that has WORKED for her covered.  And people are getting Retin-A (or generic) paid for?

I do use it, have for several years.  I do buy it myself, and don't mind.  One tube lasts a very long time.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Interesting that she advocates using Vitamin C serum under Retin A. I hope some of the ladies here can weigh in with their opinions on this. 

@Texasmouse

I have seen some products (Dr. Dennis Gross maybe) that have combined them.  It would be retinol, not tretinoin, but same family with Vitamin C.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

Amen.  It strengthens the skin overall.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@hyacinth003...... go to Walgreens, CVS and talk to the Pharmacy. My dad got his Diabetes testing machine free. They gave him a coupon for it. His doctor told him to go to the Pharmacy. I can ask him for more information about how he got it for free if you need more information.