Honored Contributor

Over the weekend we found a little long haired chihuahua girl wandering our street. It was 90 degrees and I just couldn't leave her outside with no water and wandering around. She was all matted, even on her back. I managed to get the matts out with a combination of brushing and a little clipping of the areas that couldn't be brushed out. I bathed her this morning with Wen kids apple and her coat looks so shiny and pretty now. She's black and tan with a little white on her neck.

We put signs up and I walked door to door on our street but so far no one has claimed her. I was having a hard time finding a food she would eat too. My dogs eat prey model raw but I went to the store and got some kibble and assorted canned foods. She won't eat the kibble and she only would eat the canned food once in the last 2 days. So I picked up some Stella and Chewy's freeze dried and frozen raw and some Nature's Variety Instinct frozen. She gobbled down the the Stella and Chewy's freeze dried lamb. So at least I found something she will eat. She is skinny with clearly felt ribs at about 4 1/2 pounds.

She's a sweet little dog though, she's leash trained, lays down on command and is well housebroken. If no one comes and gets her I think we might keep her. She didn't have a collar with a tag. She doesn't have a name yet though.

Oh and she is learning not to chase the cats. That's the biggie at my house. She gets along with our German Shepherd just fine, but she was chasing the cats. I've had to leash her in the house and work on teaching her to "leave it" when the cats come near, but she has gotten much better.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rescue pup got a Wen bath

You are so wonderful to take her in, she sounds so sweet. You may need to take her to a vet to see if she is micro-chipped.

Respected Contributor

What a blessing for your house! Wen Kids is great for bathing pets since it is menthol free! Your family may just have got a new sibling.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh yes, I was going to take her by our local vets ( we are in a really small town) and see if they would check her for a chip. Forgot to do that today, my priority was to find some food she would actually eat.

Esteemed Contributor

Please keep her, its meant to be!! Bless you for bathing her in Wen..who could abandon such a darling dog. Can you post a picture of her?? What a good dog mommy you are...

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jax's Mom, it was so wonderful of you to save this poor baby...it doesn't sound as if she was being cared for with having a matted coat. I hope you're able to keep her and she "falls in love" with the kitties. Spikey's Mom

Honored Contributor

I'll try and see if I can figure out how to post pics here. Does anyone know if I have to link from a host like photo bucket or if I can just upload from my computer and QVC will host the pic themselves? I've never figured out the method here.

Valued Contributor

The entire time I was reading your post I kept thinking "I hope she's going to keep her, I hope she's going to keep her" and when I got to the part where you said you might I was screaming YIPPEE in my head.

Bless you for your kindness to this little doggie.

Maria

Trusted Contributor

oh sweet of you to take her in and care for her! Since you gave her a bath with wen kids apple I was thinking Apple might be a good name for her.

live....laugh....love
Respected Contributor

This is sweet, I hope no one claims her and she will be your's forever.

When it comes to posting a photo, I just open the photo (usually a jpeg file) and click copy and then come here and paste. It works.