Occasional Contributor

Request suggestions for eyeliner

I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions regarding eyeliners, drugstore or high-end, that have worked well in your inner rim. Looking for longwear without smudging or running out of the inner corner. So many work for short term wear, but I work 12+ hour shifts and would like more longevity. Thank you in advance for your assistance! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Request suggestions for eyeliner

@luckywife wrote:

I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions regarding eyeliners, drugstore or high-end, that have worked well in your inner rim. Looking for longwear without smudging or running out of the inner corner. So many work for short term wear, but I work 12+ hour shifts and would like more longevity. Thank you in advance for your assistance! 

@luckywife  I’ve found Mally’s waterproof (“bullet proof”) liners to be the best for the water line and the usual eye lining. It does stay until removed w/ eye makeup remover.

Honored Contributor

I like to line my inner rims, too. But I find most liners don't last and eventually end up travelling somewhere you don't want them to. I'm always looking for the next best thing when it comes to inner-rim lasting nirvana. 

Out of the need to find the perfect liner, I have become somewhat creative and adventurous when it comes to eye lining my inner rims. I have experimented using non-conventional products, so if you don't dare to try it then no need to finish reading.Woman Very Happy

A few weeks ago I bought a lip product called 'Lip Lock' made by elf. Yes, it's made to keep your lipstick from travelling off your lips but I decided to put it on my inner rims then use my liner on top of it.. The results I got are worth mentioning. The Lip Lock did not sting, burn or make my eyes water whatsoever. I did not feel it was on. My liner did not move! It stayed on all day! The actual liner I use is L.A. Girl Endless Semi-permanent Auto Eyeliner in 'Very Black' #GP301, which by itself is a very long-wearing liner and I love it. Together with the Lip Lock, I'm in heaven!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown eye liner gel. It's the best that I have used. 

Contributor

Essence Extreme Lasting Eye Pencil $2.99.Comes in 6 colors at Ulta. Currently they are buy one get one 50%.(inexpensive and lasts on my top inner rim and lower water line)

I used to use Marc Jacobs eye crayon $25 (expensive and has a tendency to dry out/shrink) or Sephora Collection Contour Inn Rim Gel Eyeliner $8(cannot find it in store, perhaps discouninued, not sure)

Trusted Contributor

I love Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. It stays put all day and it still looks great even when I remove it at night.  No need for any touchups either.  Also, SMASHBOX gel eyeliner is another awesome one too.  It lasts all day too.  

Honored Contributor

Personally, I would use only products designed for eyes. I would be extremely leery of using other product types not specifically designed for the eye area.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@inGeorgia wrote:

Essence Extreme Lasting Eye Pencil $2.99.Comes in 6 colors at Ulta. Currently they are buy one get one 50%.(inexpensive and lasts on my top inner rim and lower water line)

I LOVE these liners!  I own more liners than any one person should ever have and since I found these I hardly ever reach for any others.  They are better than all of my high end liners for staying on the waterline (upper and lower) and never smudging.

The only negative is they are not always easy to find.  I usually get mine at Ocean State Job Lot but I believe they only have stores in New England.  The last time i was at Ulta they were sold out, but it looks like they have them all online.

(Essense also has a great highlighter if you want something subtle that just gives a little glow on your high points....it's called Pure Nude Highlighter and is less than $5.)

Honored Contributor

@luckywife  I use Jay Manuel Wicked eye liner and it works the best as it never smudges or runs.  

New Contributor

I wear the DOLL 10 black eyeliner in my inner rims every day. It is the only waterproof eyeliner I have found. Love love love!