Honored Contributor

Re: Request suggestions for eyeliner

If you can find a waterproof or water resistant eyeliner in the drugstore or at Target.  Target usually has a girl that can help you in the cosmetics aisle.  High end:  Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier or Dior.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If you are speaking of the lower eye rim, I use Palladio Retractable Herbal  Eye Pencils from Sally's, or find them on ebay. Come in pretty colors too. These are great, lasts all day.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Lottie London eyeliners. They are sold at Ulta and are drug store priced. They are the only ones that don’t bother my eyes. 

Esteemed Contributor

L'Oreal has 2 good eye liners that work for me - they last throughout the day. One is a liquid eyeliner in a tube with a very fine brush. The other is a pencil-type gel liner that requires a sharpener. I use both (switch back and forth) available at Walgreens, and they each last all day. I've tried a lot of liners over the years, from department stores to Walgreens, and these two always work for me and are less than $10/each. Everything else I've tried always dissolves or fades away after a few hours.

Honored Contributor

I use IT black waterproof eyeliner.  I line the inner rim of my eye and bring it out slightly on the ends....just slightly.

It stays fine until I take it off at night.  Everyone has her own favorites.  This works for me.

I also use Maybelline waterproof mascara, black.  Used it for years and it has never run and is wonderful!

I'm all about eye makeup.  I'm a 60's girl and back in the 60's we love/loved our black eye makeup!

Respected Contributor

Good ol’ Revlon Colorstay eyeliners.  Been using forever. $7 - can’t beat the price and can purchase almost anywhere.

Valued Contributor

I loved Mally's Evercolor Lasting Liquid Eyeliner. It was perfect and never budged until I took it off.  Unfortunately, it is no longer available and I can't imagine why because it was one of her best sellers and got great reviews.  That said, I went on a quest, searching for a liner that was just as long lasting.
Some time ago, someone here suggested Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner.  I tried it and find it comes very close to Mally's eyeliner and is my go to eyeliner for the inner rim.   Although the brush is slightly fuller than what I was used to using, in time, it got easier to control. The good news is that Milani is available at drug stores and very reasonably priced.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Contributor

IMHO, one of the best eyeliners I've tried is marc jacobs beauty highliner gel eye crayon-- (phew, what a mouthful) I think that's the official name of it. It is on the pricey side at $25 but it is worth it. 🙂 I buy mine from Sephora. HTH!
Respected Contributor

I agree with @luvinlife

The Marc Jacobs highliner gel pencils are the only ones that go on easily, last all day, don't irritate my super sensitive eyes.  They have both matte and shimmery shades, beautiful selections.  I get them from Sephora online.

Frequent Contributor

Bobbi Brown is expensive and the gel dries out quickly. doesnt work for everyone.