Respected Contributor

Request - "Color Tint" Identifying, pls

Hi @Beauties  Woman Happy

Again, am requesting yr "Color ID" help.

I explained before, embarrassingly, "I'm Color Blind (spec,"Color Tints")

I'm looking for an inexpensive but good, regular Nail Polish (not Gel, nor Dip)  that's 100% "translucent."  (I want to put it over nail "glitter,  & glitter flakes" on my "Special, offset,  color'd ring fingernail" (at least)) 

The "cutsy name" colors esp baffle me.... like "stone" or "pebble: or "suede"    "midnight" or   "jello"

Wld you mind taking a look at the (below) "Wet n Wild" color called "X-Ray Vision"...    and see if it's 100% "translucent?  THX!!

Also, is there a 100% opaque BLACK,     & 100% opaque WHITE on that webpage?  What are their names, pls

And is "Southern Belle" a true "nude" color?

(BTW...These are one of many beautiful Wet n'Wild colors on that webpage.)  With hunting, I've found many, many regular nail polish colors/kits on Amz  (& of course plenty of gorgeous gels/dips)

I'm waiting to receive that color  "Out Of Pistachios" nail color, altho the name sounds more "green."  Hopefully, its a "perfect" "aqua, light turquoise" ..<---   the color of which I'm obsessed with"Aqua"  is the color of my bedroom, bathroom (Beach Theme) & kitchen.  heh  yup.... "obsessed")

(I probably shld have asked y'all to ID this "Out Of Pistachios" as "Aqua" first, before I ordered. It's to be delivered soon)

THANK  YOU!!  Heart

"Wet n Wild Fast Dry AF Nail Polish Color, Clear X-Ray Vision | Quick Drying - 40 Seconds | Long Lasting - 5 Days, Shine"

($3.65)  ("Amz Choice")

THX!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Request - "Color Tint" Identifying, pls

Are you sure you want Translucent and not Clear?

Translucent:  permitting light to pass through but diffusing it so that persons, objects, etc., on the opposite side are not clearly visible:Frosted window glass is translucent but not transparent.

Respected Contributor

I looked at a video of southern belle. It is an opaque creamsicle color. A sort of light pastel orange color.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I looked at a video of southern belle. It is an opaque creamsicle color. A sort of light pastel orange color.

~~~~~

@Janey2   Oh wow.  Go figure. 

That's no where near what my "color tint blind" eyes saw, or wanted. 

I didn't see or want any hint of orange & have somewhat similar already.

THANK YOU!!    You saved me money & space!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Are you sure you want Translucent and not Clear?

Translucent:  permitting light to pass through but diffusing it so that persons, objects, etc., on the opposite side are not clearly visible:Frosted window glass is translucent but not transparent.

~~~~~

@Icegoddess   oh wow!  I didnt know there was a difference, but certainly sounds like there is!  I'm not even sure I've used an "uncolored" translucent. 

I think I might have used a colored polish that was called some "x-color translucent."  But non color

Is the above pic "Clear" or "Translucent?"  I'm suspecting "Clear" then?

And do you have any suggestions for a good "Translucent" non-color nail polish?    I think I might not have "Translucent" but sounds wonderful to play with!.

@Icegoddess 

Branching out in Nail Colors & Nail Effects, has become my newest, venturing out,  "Beauty obsession!"

TIA!

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn I Haven't worn nail polish in years, so I'm really no help there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'Clear' means the same thing as 'transparent'. @MakeUpMaidn 

'Sheer' means the same thing as 'translucent'.

The pic you posted is clear and colorless (no tint) polish.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

'Clear' means the same thing as 'transparent'. @MakeUpMaidn 

'Sheer' means the same thing as 'translucent'.

The pic you posted is clear and colorless (no tint) polish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@SilleeMee 
oh wow!  Not only did you answer my question, & futher read my mind & answer, ... but you answered questions I didnt even think to ask, .. ALL of which would have made a difference in my choices!! .... & desired effects!
With "Shade" Color Blindness, they all looked the same.  I just thought various company's used different names for the same "see thru" polishes.

@SilleeMee  @Icegoddess   @Janey2 
You should see how I spill "water" all the time!!  
"Color (Shade) Blindness," cant see the depth, or height of the water in the bowl, glass, or any container,  (No matter what color bowl/glass/container it is!)  
...   Or for that matter, whether there's even *any water in the bowl in any case!*

I have to keep the mop, and Bounty towels handy! . for all these frequent water spills
THANK YOU clarifying! 
..  esp since I didnt know, what I further didnt know abt this!
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

How does "sheen" & "satin" fit into this picture?

is 'Clear/'transparent'   with a "sheen" called something?

is "Clear/transparent"   with a  "satin finish" called something?

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@SilleeMee 

How does "sheen" & "satin" fit into this picture?

is 'Clear/'transparent'   with a "sheen" called something?

is "Clear/transparent"   with a  "satin finish" called something?

@MakeUpMaidn 

I would say if it has a satin or sheen finish it would be translucent, not clear. Satin and sheen is more about how the light bounces off the surface whereas transparency is about how light travels through it.