Contributor

I realize that everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products, but does anyone have suggestions for a similar product to Perricone Neuropeptide Cream (for firmness).  I can not justify the $ amt. for a tube and looking for a similar product.  Also, can not stomach the smell..thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Replacement for Perricone

@lainey1 wrote:

I realize that everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products, but does anyone have suggestions for a similar product to Perricone Neuropeptide Cream (for firmness).  I can not justify the $ amt. for a tube and looking for a similar product.  Also, can not stomach the smell..thanks!

@lainey1- Skinn has recently added a 40% Peptide cream to their product line.  It's called PEP40.  I'm loving it. 

Trusted Contributor

Great question.  Would like to know too.  Hoping most of the answers are not Isomers.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm. That's going to be a tough one to replace. The more interesting actives in there are:

• Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9 (aka Dermican) - Newer peptide that builds collagen
  • Copper Gluconate - Remodels collagen
  • Phosphatidylcholine - Healing skin component, anti blemish, and liposome ingredient
  • Pyruvic Acid and Glycolic Acid - Exfoliates

Don't know of another product with those components. I think you'd have to cherry pick different serums based on what you like best about the product.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@lainey1 I hope you will get an answer to your request. 

I did want to make sure you know that the firmness cream, Neuropeptide Facial Cream, now comes with a more acceptable scent for those who are bothered by it. I have not tried that version, as it was just introduced as part of a TSV last month, think that is when it was. But I correspond with someone in another state who said she was quite pleased with the new scent. Both she and I never had a problem with the old version.

As to cost, I always buy it when there is a sale on QVC, which happens more than once during the year. I have never paid full price for it in the past three years I have been purchasing it. And I find that one tube lasts the stated six months, when applying as recommended on the instructions. So the combination of sale price (which is usually around half the cost) and the fact it lasts a long time, causes me not to hesitate to continue with it.

I am assuming the product works for you in firmness, as you did not indicate otherwise.

Good luck with your search for something to replace Perricone.

Contributor

Thank you for your responses!  Unfortunately, I missed the last TSV that had the better scent, and better price!  Hopefully, I can catch the next one and the Neuropeptide cream will be offered..

Honored Contributor

Have you considered finding it on ebay for a better price.

Contributor

I actually did buy from someone on this site, but it was the old formula, and scent.  I really want the most recent with new formulation of better scent..From ebay, I would be buying older cream..

Honored Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

I actually did buy from someone on this site, but it was the old formula, and scent.  I really want the most recent with new formulation of better scent..From ebay, I would be buying older cream..

You never know, you can check with the seller, maybe there is a code on the pkg the seller can give you and Perricone CS can tell you how old it is, and about the scent. I did that with a Philosophy product once and their CS told me the exact date it was mfg.

Contributor

I actually did that, but obvously the CSR didn't really know because I thought I was buying the newer scent with the information I was given.  It wasn't the fault of the person I bought from...