Trusted Contributor

I purchased the Pop Sonic Spade when Clarisonic went out of business.  Been using it for over a month with no problem, even went down to the lowest speed possible. For some reason my skin isn't liking it anymore. I do not put pressure on my face, just let it skim across my skin (I also only use it every 3rd night). My face has been very irritated (just stingy, not red) after using it lately. I am using the exact same products as when I 1st started. Has anyone else had this problem and has anyone found a reliable dupe for the Clarisonic?

Super Contributor

Re: Replacement for Clarisonic?

I had a Clarisonic and when it died, I also bought a Pop Sonic Spade.  The Spade never irritated my skin and I like it, but only if I'm not removing makeup or sunscreen.  I felt like the Clarisonic got my face cleaner.  So I purchased a Michael Todd Soniclear Petite.  I think it works just as well as the Clarisonic.  The Sensitive Skin brush was a little harsh on my face at first, so I used it only twice a week until my skin got used to it.  Now I have no problem using it every day.  Also, I have to charge my Soniclear Petite about once a week, which is more often than I had to charge the Clarisonic.

Honored Contributor

I'm not having a problem with it.  I have no idea what speed I'm using Smiley Surprised  I don't try to remove makeup with it.  I remove makeup with an oil cleanser, use my hands to lather my Tatcha rice wash and then use the Pop Sonic.    Used the PS once with Tatcha Rice Polish.  Didn't irritate my face but I felt like it was probably too much.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  That's what I do, remove my makeup with an oil cleanser, rinse that off then apply the regular cleanser to the pop sonic spade and wash my face with that.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

Kinda makes you wonder how our grandmothers had such beautiful complexions with nothing more than a bar of soap and maybe some Vaseline Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab   Forget the gadgets.  I use InstaNatural Glycolic Cleanser.  This product will exfoliate and clean your skin.  it's gentle enough for sensitive skin.  The first time I used it I was so surprised at the look of my skin after I rinsed.  It looked really, really clean.  I don't use it everyday but you can.  It's $19.97 for I believe it is 8 or 10 oz.  I buy it at iherb.com

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

I have posted several times about finding a replacement for the Clarisonic : the Foreo Luna.  It is made in Sweden.  I use it every night to remove makeup after applying Dr. Denese hydrating cleanser.  Follow up with L'Oréal Glycolic Acid.

My aesthetician wanted to know what I had been doing differently because my skin was so much brighter and smoother....not bad for 76 !

My niece who has rosacea loves the device too.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I've owned the Pop Sonic for about three years and I love it. My skin normally has redness issues and the PS doesn't effect that at all. I don't get irritated from using the PS.

I use an oil cleanser with mine followed by a final wipe with a microfiber cloth. I don't recommend using any AHA or BHA cleansers (glycolic or salicylic) with the PS device.  Acid cleansers are much too harsh on their own. If you have irritation from using the PS with your regular cleanser(s) then try a more gentle cleanser. The PS brush is highly effective even when using a mild cleanser.

Esteemed Contributor

I got the finishing touch flawless cleanse. It is really nice. Plus it's right around $40 dollars so not too expensive.

Trusted Contributor

Kit CAT1, Also can be purchased at Am.......on. Pr...me