Esteemed Contributor
What is the difference between these two? Is the remoist for the hair and the oils for the scalp? If you had a choice between these, which would you choose? I have natural, fine, shoulder length hair. I don't use a blow dryer or styling tools. My hair has always been very healthy, but I have recently noticed some split ends in my hair even after a cut. Help me decide which product would work best for me.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remoist vs Treatment Oils

Think of ReMoist as a deep conditioner. From what Chaz said, if your hair is healthy, then you can use once a week to provide your moisture protein balance and to provide extra moisture to your hair.

The oils you use for skin and scalp as well as the hair.

I don't know if either product will help with split ends. That's more of a job for 613.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

Ok so they both contain all the good stuff for the hair however the remoist is intended as a "freshen up" for days you wish to skip washing. You spray, blow dry/style, sort of like a dry shampoo but it's a mist. I don't use for this purpose but I use the tea tree and 613 as a face spritz after cleansing my skin, LOVE it for that and it's loaded with good skin care ingredients. Now the oils are meant to be applied to the scalp, massaged in, and left overnight. This treats the hair from where it grows, stimulates the scalp, etc. Use 2-3 nights a week or as much as you need. They are super light and sink in quick, and you can use to smooth frizzies and on ends also because I find them very light. They smell amazing too! I use them on my hands also- makes them super silky- and can be used anywhere on the body if you choose. Hope this helps.
Contributor

Oh whoops- I meant replenish. LOL The REMOIST is a deep conditioning mask meant to hydrate and repair. It's very thick and very rich, and you apply to wet cleansed hair and best to sleep with. This treats the entire hair shaft as opposed to the oil which treats the scalp. Sorry only on first cup of coffee! Xoxo
Honored Contributor

Well, I can only say that using the remoist properly does not fit into my schedule. I don't have time to clean, and then use the remoist ...wait and then reclean. I hardly ever use it and will not bother to purchase again.

However, I use and LOVE the oils all the time both on my scalp AND my hair. I have virtually NO split ends. EVER! Now it didn't happen overnight obviously. But the difference is really noticeable! I use to spend hours in my 10x mirror snipping away at the split ends even though I would get regular trims.

Now since switching to WEN CC, Styling Creme and Oils..and ditching all other shampoos and conditioners.....I only get a trim every 12 weeks and NEVER snip at splits anymore!

I don't sleep in the oil treatments although that is a GREAT way to use it. I am not a morning person and never have time to wash my hair in the mornings. So when I get home from work, I put the oil on my scalp and hair, esp. the ends. Put it up in a turbi towel thing. I leave it on about 4+ hours. Then wash my hair etc. I will also use the oil on my dry hair too...on my ends for added shine and treatment.

BTW-I do not use 613. It made my hair feel dry. So my great results are based, as I said, on CC, Styling creme and oil treatments.

My best to you as you find what works for your hair!

Contributor

On 1/21/2015 RespectLife said:

Well, I can only say that using the remoist properly does not fit into my schedule. I don't have time to clean, and then use the remoist ...wait and then reclean. I hardly ever use it and will not bother to purchase again.

However, I use and LOVE the oils all the time both on my scalp AND my hair. I have virtually NO split ends. EVER! Now it didn't happen overnight obviously. But the difference is really noticeable! I use to spend hours in my 10x mirror snipping away at the split ends even though I would get regular trims.

Now since switching to WEN CC, Styling Creme and Oils..and ditching all other shampoos and conditioners.....I only get a trim every 12 weeks and NEVER snip at splits anymore!

I don't sleep in the oil treatments although that is a GREAT way to use it. I am not a morning person and never have time to wash my hair in the mornings. So when I get home from work, I put the oil on my scalp and hair, esp. the ends. Put it up in a turbi towel thing. I leave it on about 4+ hours. Then wash my hair etc. I will also use the oil on my dry hair too...on my ends for added shine and treatment.

BTW-I do not use 613. It made my hair feel dry. So my great results are based, as I said, on CC, Styling creme and oil treatments.

The 613 is amazing on the face with the clarasonic! It is super duper heavy. You should try using it as you do your oils (as a "treatment" and wrap in your turban) it's a great deep conditioner and is my favorite scent of all... The fragrance is amazing I've always had a lemon thing but everything always smelled so synthetic and pine sol-y. I have everything but the oil. I find for me it works best 1-2 x a wk but I mix it half and half with whatever CC I am currently using. The mousse is amazing and gives so much shine and makes my wavy hair so spiraly curly and not frizzy. What would I do without wen!
Respected Contributor

Have you tried adding the re-moist to your CC in the shower? It mentions in the Wen booklet that comes with every Wen purchase from QVC that you can add the re-moist to your CC for extra moisture. I've been using it that way now and then since I'm usually too lazy to leave it in after I've cleansed my hair.

Respected Contributor

I definitely don't use the remoist very often. The most that I use it is twice a month. I use the oils much more often and do a scalp treatment at least 2 times weekly. My hair is in great condition since using Wen so I really don't believe I need to use the remoist very often.

Esteemed Contributor

I also had a problem fitting re-moist into the schedule, until someone posted here on the boards, that she is washing her hair with CC at night, puts re-moist on clean hair, and then washes it out in the morning shower.

I've tried this, and works wonderfully! So, now I alternate - when I plan to use oil, I do it overnight, and CC in the morning. When I plan to use re-moist - I wash my hair at night, put re-moist and shower it off in the morning. Fantastic results!

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 sonechko said:

I also had a problem fitting re-moist into the schedule, until someone posted here on the boards, that she is washing her hair with CC at night, puts re-moist on clean hair, and then washes it out in the morning shower.

I've tried this, and works wonderfully! So, now I alternate - when I plan to use oil, I do it overnight, and CC in the morning. When I plan to use re-moist - I wash my hair at night, put re-moist and shower it off in the morning. Fantastic results!

I just ordered the Re-moist to try. I also use the oils. Since I wash my hair later in the day I don't have that problem of when to use. Sometimes when I use the oils I get up with the oily hair & comb it through & don't wash until later in the day. I end up with the oil in my hair for 16 hrs or more. Of course I cannot leave the house or answer the door. LOL!!!
When I was a kid there was 7 of us & only 1 bathroom so I got used to taking a shower late in the day/evening & have never changed that habit. I cannot stand to get in the shower in the morning while I'm to asleep. It's a rude awakening for me.