Respected Contributor

Re: Remoist vs Treatment Oils

I only use the ReMoist on the days when I have my hair cut and/or colored, so it only gets used every 2 months. My stylist uses her products, so I go home, re-cleanse and apply ReMoist. I leave it on overnight, and rinse out in the morning, then apply styling products.

I generally cleanse in the mornings, so doing ReMoist treatments then isn't practical for me. The oils, on the other hand, I use 1-2 times a week.

Contributor

I have only used the ReMoist on a few occasions. I dont care for it that much, I think it makes my hair dry. When I do use it, I leave it on overnight. I have used it as a leave-in after cleansing. I found that it defined my curls, but left my hair feeling dry. I will use what I have, but I will not repurchase it.

I love the treatment oils. I use them on my face nightly (SHP and TT), hair and scalp (2-3 times per week) and body. I add them to my body lotion and I also use them after getting out of the shower, before toweling off. Sometimes, I use a few drops of the oil on my hair after I wash it. Just to add shine and some long-lasting fragrance.

If I had to choose between the two, I would use the oils.

Honored Contributor

I like them both, but the oils are easier for me to use more often and are more versatile. I use the oils on my hair, face, body, add them to my leave-in, add them to my body lotions, and even add them to my acetone nail polish remover to prevent dehydration and make it smell better.

I can use the oils at night while I watch TV and then wash in the morning. The Remoist I use on a weekend where I wash my hair and let the Remoist dry in my hair, then I wash it out the next morning. It takes HOURS for my hair to dry with the Remoist in, so that works well for me. I wash one day, add remoist, sleep on it, then the next morning I don't add any CC, I just rinse the Remoist out and go.

Esteemed Contributor

I sometimes use ReMoist during my midweek cleanse before work. I do a single cleanse and then a ReMoist during the remainder of my shower. I also get good results from that.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I just got a reminder of how great the WEN oils are. DH and I have both had the flu and been in the middle of a bathroom remodel so I've been doing minimal maintenance on my hair. Last night after I got in bed my scalp was just so itc hy I couldn't stand it but didn't want to disturb DH by getting up to get my TT oil, so I just grabbed my POM/Rosemary oil I keep by the bed for my cuticles and put it on my scalp and massaged it in. Instant relief! Cleansed it out today and my scalp and hair feel and look so much better.

Every so often it's good to get a reminder of how great WEN really is.

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 okiebug said:

I just got a reminder of how great the WEN oils are. DH and I have both had the flu and been in the middle of a bathroom remodel so I've been doing minimal maintenance on my hair. Last night after I got in bed my scalp was just so itc hy I couldn't stand it but didn't want to disturb DH by getting up to get my TT oil, so I just grabbed my POM/Rosemary oil I keep by the bed for my cuticles and put it on my scalp and massaged it in. Instant relief! Cleansed it out today and my scalp and hair feel and look so much better.

I agree with you about the oils. I don't feel that I really need the remoist but feel that my hair wouldn't be as healthy without the oil treatments. The oils can also be used for other purposes such as a body oil, etc.

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 okiebug said:

I get this reminder every time I get a haircut! Don't take my WEN in because I go to a Paul Mitchell salon, but when I get home I always cleanse & remoist--even if I've gotten color, too. My hair feels so much better afterward!

Hope you and your DH are feeling better!