Respected Contributor

Reminder - Sephora sale starts today

Rouge starts today and I think VIBs are a few days later.  I won't post the code here because you probably already have it and because it will get deleted anyway.  Smiley Happy   It was perfect timing this year.  I have fallen in love with a brand that I had never used prior to a few months ago -- Biossance.  I tried their eye cream and face serum.  I love them both but the eye cream is awesome.  I just finished my tiny jar last night.  I hope Sephora ships fast! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reminder - Sephora sale starts today

Had fun.  The Genefique duo, sunscreen, two different pressed powders, the Hermes fragrance sets, and a few other things.  Plus the samples and bonuses.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

I’m only the middle tier so I would only save 15% and that isn’t enough of an incentive to get me to buy when it’s my turn to benefit from the Sephora sale. I went into the local Sephora today as they put out all their holiday collections so I looked at them. Nope, not interested in any of them.

I bought a Sephora retractable lip crayon in an orchid shade as I already have one and I like the shade and cream texture of the lipstick. If I wait another week I would save a whole $2.40 CDN before taxes. Big whoop! I can spring for a $16 lipstick now while it’s in the store - I bought the only one left in the shade I wanted. Sephora Canada is slow to restock out of stock items too so I would not be surprised if it’s not restocked before the sale is over.

I also know that they quietly raised prices on their inventory this summer and I wasn’t the only one who noticed as there were comments about it on the Canadian makeup reddit. So any supposed savings for the Sephora insider sale has already been sneakily undone by Sephora.

Honored Contributor

I'm VIB ($20 from ROUGE) and not bothering with it. The fact that they reduced the percentage off from 20% to 15% ticks me off as well as makes it not worth my time. The items I would normally purchase will be 20% from other sites or their own vendor site come Black Friday/Cyber Monday and other dates. BIG mistake, IMHO, for Sephora to do this. They SHOULD have made ROUGE 25% (offered by sites when you are a VIB for their product and sign up for emails) but instead, they went the cheap route.

Buy-bye Sephora. You hold no interest for me anymore with this latest move.

Honored Contributor

I'm a VIB, by the time I get to shop the items I want are out of stock, The day after the sale Sephora sends me an email, my items are back in stock!

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I don't think they should have changed the percentage off either.  I know there are discounts at other stores but I use the sale time to stock up on things that I already use and not so much to try new things.  I did use it last year to try the Dyson hair dryer and that was quite a big discount. 

This year I got several of the Biossance eye creams and moisturizers and also some Armani mascara and eyeliner. They discontinued my favorite Sephora brand lipstick so I tried some of the other Sephora lipsticks.  Hopefully the quality will be the same.