Respected Contributor

Re: Remember the Vidal Sassoon shampoo from the late 70s early 80s?

I used it, too! Reading this made me think of the "Short and Sassy" brand that I also used as a young girl in the 70's. After Dorothy Hamill won the '76 Olympics, I had my hair cut like hers and wanted this shampoo because she did the commercials for it. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I also remember trying "Body on Tap", too!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I can see the bottle, but for some reason, I don't remember the scent.

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 KateChopin said:

Yes, we have had it here in the northeast for quite a while, but it doesn't smell the same to me. I also miss that stuff they used to sell in the brown packet--- a kind of five minute conditioner with a fantastic smell...wish they would bring that back!

OOOH---edited to say that maybe I bought a previous version...have to look for ICONIC scent stuff. Sure hope it is as I remember!

I thought the same as well I thought it was stronger on the cherry side and less almond but its been over 30 years since I last used it so i can be wrong. But I tell you what to me smells more like the original is ION Color conditioner in the purple bottle at sallys beauty supply. I have a big bottle of that conditioner. I thought about buying extra of this sassoon shampoo to use with it

Honored Contributor

yay!

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 panda lady said:

I used it, too! Reading this made me think of the "Short and Sassy" brand that I also used as a young girl in the 70's. After Dorothy Hamill won the '76 Olympics, I had my hair cut like hers and wanted this shampoo because she did the commercials for it. {#emotions_dlg.lol} I also remember trying "Body on Tap", too!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Now I am walking down memory lane. I had my hair like Dorthy Hamill as well. I used body on tap too. I really loved the Faberge wheat germ and honey shampoo. Iknow this is more 80's but I loved the St ives shampoos in all those different scents! I think it was the peach shampoo that made my hair grow insanely fast. One year i remember getting a tight afro perm after the cut. A white girl with an afro LOL When i think back to it now I am horrified at the fact i once thought a fro was hip. lol

Respected Contributor

On 2/7/2015 kcladyz said:
On 2/1/2015 panda lady said:

Now I am walking down memory lane. I had my hair like Dorthy Hamill as well. I used body on tap too. I really loved the Faberge wheat germ and honey shampoo. Iknow this is more 80's but I loved the St ives shampoos in all those different scents! I think it was the peach shampoo that made my hair grow insanely fast. One year i remember getting a tight afro perm after the cut. A white girl with an afro LOL When i think back to it now I am horrified at the fact i once thought a fro was hip. lol

i worked with a girl who had a blonde afro. She was very tall and wore the peasant style skirts and vests...very much the style then!

Esteemed Contributor

My memory from Rosemary's Baby: Mia Farrow walks into apartment. Husband: ""What the heck is that?"" Rosemary touches her haircut demurely: ""It's SASSOON"". Husband: You paid for that?""

Respected Contributor

lol

Respected Contributor

Another Dorothy Hamill wedge cut here and I loved Faberge wheat germ shampoo. I will have to take a look at this Vidal Sassoon-it was on palettes in Walmart.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/1/2015 AuntG said:

I can see the bottle, but for some reason, I don't remember the scent.

AuntG it had a light almond scent. Really nice fragrance, not overpowering and was a great shampoo!