Honored Contributor

Remember the No! No! Hair Remover?

It used to be presented on HSN and of course the hosts swore by it.  They used to have a TSV several times a year.  Recently I wondered what happened to that thing because it just disappeared.

I was looking at the Program Guide on Evine and there is the No No.  It's going to be presented later today.  The price is only $99.00 on an early bird special. 

I cannot believe this things is still around. The reviews on it were horrible both on HSN and the infomercial website. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember the No! No! Hair Remover?

I saw that presentation....same rep and same ol' story. I wonder how they stay in business?? That thing is pure junk. Buyer beware.

Trusted Contributor

Yes! I was just thinking about it it the other day. My friend bought it for me (what a nice guy)! I used it and it seemed to work but it doesn't compare to the Tria or Silk'n.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my No No.  When I had surgery for a torn meniscus, the instructions were not to shave your leg for a week before and 3 weeks after.  At therapy the therapist noticed that I had no hair on my leg and commented on it.  She was amazed when I told her about using the No No.  I should have kept using it because I was at the point where I have very little growth only in a few spots on my legs.  It has been 5 years since I used it last and I only have to spot shave 2 or 3 times every spring/summer.  Even if I didn't do that the hair is so fine and sparse it is not noticeable.  It was one of my best purchases ever!  It also can be used on every skin type or color whereas laser types cannot.  

Honored Contributor

I had one of these. They say it "crystalizes" the hair. No no, it burns. Main thing I remember is the smell of burnt hair. It is fairly safe to use in my experience; I never got hurt. But the smell!

And you have to buy additional cartridges to keep using it. There's this thin wire that comes into contact with the hair, sort of like the filament in a lightbulb. It snaps really easily just like said filament in a lightbulb. When that happens you have to get another cartridge, which is not that easy to find.

Emjoi eRase is much better IMO.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I still have a line scar on my chin where I got burned from a zap. Tossed it immediately.

I have been epilating only for years now.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

There’s a No! No! sitting on a Goodwill shelf somewhere

here in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Yeah, I got swept up in the

fevered sales pitch (before I had laser removal) but

wow...the smell of burning hair was so bad.

Just...NO! NO!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a bug zapper I have. You touch it to the fly or whatever, quick press of a button and it fries the bug with a loud ZAP.  Maybe I should try it on my leg hair.

Honored Contributor

I not only bought one. I bought two! I had trouble getting the first one to work. I did not have the cartridge in properly. I even called "No No" people. And sat on hold for 20+ minutes (not a toll free #). I never got through, they must have just stuck me on hold.

Finally got the cartridge clicked on correctly. And used it. Then I noticed that a rubber band type thing that was what made you able to roll the No No over your skin. And somehow the rubber band got loose and I gave up.

Then a year or so later, I tried it again. I am a living example "A fool and his money are soon parted". It did absolutely nothing. My hair was so fine, it just ran over it. And I kept going back and forth and the hair was still there.

So I gave up. FInally!