Super Contributor

Re: Remember These Eyeshadows?

I believe the Younique line has some of these colors.

Respected Contributor

I remember that blue eye shadow.  Couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  Not a good look for me.

Valued Contributor

@tototwo 

I remember Cutex too . Those were such great days ! SImple pleasures , the best .

Have a great day 

Trusted Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@monicakm 

AH ! thanks for this . I sure do remember those shadows . I am right behind you , I was 14 in 1977. Great memories and such simpler times.  I remember we were so excited to go to the drugstore or WOOLWORTH ( remember them ) and purchase a lipstick or new eyeshadow . Now everything is done with the click of the mouse . I enjoy going on to pintrest sometimes and look for makeup and fashion ads from the 1970s and 1980s. I always remember Revlon's Wine with Everything ,and the Babe perfume ads. My favorite where the Ralph Lauren fashion spreads , those South Western themes were gorgeous .

Have a wonderful day ladies.

I wore Revlon's Wine with Everything blusher until they stopped making it...loved it.

I confess I wore Maybelline blue eye shadow To compliment my blue eyes (I thought at the time).

Shalimar perfume, I wore that mostly. My Mom loved Faberge -- Tabu, Woodhue and Shalimar. Remember Canoe? It was a first -- a unisex cologne.

Yes, a treat to go to Woolworth's or JJ Newberry's. Always had a soda at the in-store fountain counter. Saturday afternoons with friends!

Respected Contributor

i liked Yardley Pot O' Gloss eyeshadows.  i think those were my first shadows that i liked, in 9th grade. i had a pastel blue pot and a pastel green pot o shadow.

they were creamy and frosted.   wore them with a baby blue angora sweater and a mint green one. i finished the eye look with black AZIZA mascara!

anyone remember LOVE Lovestick lipsticks?   loved Tomato Glaze

Love Cosmetics 'Sunlit Lovestick' Lipstick by Menley & James, 1969 |  Vintage cosmetics, Cosmetics and toiletries, Love cosmetics

Trusted Contributor

Wow the colors! I know I did some blue in the mid 70's, but later 70's earth tones came in and I started wearing brown shadows. 

Honored Contributor

At the time, the bold colors looked clownish.  People didn't hesitate to overdo it.

mimi.jpg

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

i liked Yardley Pot O' Gloss eyeshadows.  i think those were my first shadows that i liked, in 9th grade. i had a pastel blue pot and a pastel green pot o shadow.

they were creamy and frosted.   wore them with a baby blue angora sweater and a mint green one. i finished the eye look with black AZIZA mascara!

anyone remember LOVE Lovestick lipsticks?   loved Tomato Glaze

Love Cosmetics 'Sunlit Lovestick' Lipstick by Menley & James, 1969 |  Vintage cosmetics, Cosmetics and toiletries, Love cosmetics

Loved Yardley "Pot O Gloss" shadows and lip glosses...in fact....Loved Yardley ANYTING and Mary Quant..and Love's FreshLemon anything too!  Those Maybelline Blooming Colors never looked great on my because I had green eyes, but I remember wering an  apricot-y one with yellow under the brow and I kind of liked that look..for a while....Also loved the Coty clear gel blush....it had little transparent and translucent tags hanging off that you could hold up to your face to see how it would look...

Honored Contributor

Glad you ladies enjoyed the homage to the 70's blue eyeshadow.  Like anything, it could look good or it could look not so good.  It was the first color eyeshadow I ever wore.  The family was having dinner before going to a rodeo we were entered in.  After saying the blessing, I looked up to see my mother glaring at me from across the table.  She had seen my blue eyeshadow! LOL  Don't know how I thought I'd could wear that exact shade of blue around her and she not see it Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker 

Love's FreshLemon...ahhhh, LOVED that scent!  And the Love's Babysoft.  

I enjoyed being a 70s teen.  Wish I could step back into that decade for a week.