Trusted Contributor

Re: Remember Tame Creme Rinse?

I have a bottle of the original Breck and Gee, You're Hair Smells Terrific to take a whiff of now and then. Brings back good memories. I also have the Wella Balsam conditioner.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I remember using Dippity Do when I used rollers in my long hair too..

I used "No More Tangles" in my daughters hair when she was little

I used Dippity Do and then set my long hair in orange juice cans! So uncomfortable, but the hair looked good! Then there was ironing my hair with my Mom's iron on the ironing board......

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Toppers wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

I remember Tame, but we didn't use it in our home.  We used Breck and Prell.  I remember the Prell commercial where they dropped a pearl in the bottle to show how thick it was.

Hi @LdyBugzSmiley Happy

Same here. We were "Breck girls," too. Smiley Happy

My Mom used to buy Breck for all of us girls in the home, and we also used Prell, too. My Dad would use it mostly, and I also think that he used Head and Shoulders, too.

We also had Johnson's Baby Shampoo in the home. My Dad also used that, I would use his, too.

@Toppers,  oh that's right!  "Breck girls"!  :-)

Tame was conditioner - not shampoo. I used White Rain shampoo and Tame conditioner.

Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella wrote:

I remember using 'Lustre Creme' on my hair in addition to the other brands mentioned here.  Ahhh the good ole days!

@ciao_bella

4 out of 5 Hollywood stars preferred Lustre Creme. 😃

Here are a few ads:

marilynmonroe_lustre-creme_1953.jpg

7194d62f58fa9df7c362ead6b1299629.jpg

BH0343.jpg

d440e971b4ce682905372d92c700986e.jpg

l-jccpokrrg6qihq.jpg

Contributor

I sure do!  Once my mom became a hairdresser, then it was all about Wella.

Respected Contributor

I believe I used most of these brands also. This thread is so much fun to read. It stirs up a lot of great memories. 

My nickname in high school was Miss Prell, no kidding.. I loved that shampoo. In fact I have a bottle in my shower right now. It's almost empty so that will need replenishing.  I am 63 so that's a long time, but I don't use it all the time now.

Does anyone remember Ogilive shampoo and conditioner? That too was a good one. I loved that fragrance. Speaking of Lustre cream . Mom bought a huge tub of it at the store she worked at in the 60's. It was pink and that had a good smell too. The Dippity- Do was green that we used. I would set my hair in those brissle rollers and sleep in them. Good grief what we do to make ourselves gorgeous. 

One more thing I remember is Ten-O Six for those unwanted pimples... UGH. then I'd use Clearasil.. Glad those days are over. Oh, and another good one was a cream conditioner made my Clairol, I can't remember the exact name, but it sure made my waste length hair stay in great condition.

Valued Contributor

I remember all the brands mentioned here.  I loved to use Clairol Condition.  It was a conditioner that smelled devine.   I also loved and miss Herbal Essence.  I know times change but if people are still using time honored products...if it isn't broken...don't fix it!

Trusted Contributor

My favorite deep conditioner used to be Rave Hair Mask. It was around in the 80s and 90s and made my hair so soft. I could also blow dry my hair to straight and have no frizz. I sure do miss Rave.

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2  What a fun thread! boy was it fun reading the posts and remembering products from days gone by.  Love threads like this.