Honored Contributor

Remember Maracuja oil?

[ Edited ]

Maracuja oil is the only oil that I used to massage my scalp because it stopped itchiness.  There are many uses but you NEED to read the benefits and side effects.    Anyone use it???  I sure miss Maureen from Tarte.   She was always a burst of sunshine.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Maracuja oil is the only oil that I used to massage my scalp because it stopped itchiness.  There are many uses but you NEED to read the benefits and side effects.    Anyone use it???  I sure miss Maureen from Tarte.   She was always a burst of sunshine.

@Katcat1   I want to say she may have single handedly put use of oils as skincare into the mainstream market. 

Honored Contributor

I only bought it once (in a kit, I think) and I liked it better than Argan Oil.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  - I always enjoyed Maureen's presentations.  I wonder what she's up to these days.  I know she sold her business, but was kind of young to retire.  I guess I need to check with Google.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Katcat1 !  I still use Maracuja Oil from Tarte once or twice a week, after removing my make-up and cleansing my skin with my Foreo Luna.  These days I mix it with PTR Retinol PM Fusion.  I’m retired now so don’t wear a lot of make-up; I like how it makes my skin feel.

Respected Contributor

I miss Maureen too. She was so nice. I have the maracuja oil and I like it. I got the one with the gold flakes in it, it looks pretty out on display. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Yes, you are right; however, Maureen did not market Maracuja oil properly.  She very seldom had it on a program.  Her makeup came first.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  Yes, you are right; however, Maureen did not market Maracuja oil properly.  She very seldom had it on a program.  Her makeup came first.

@Katcat1   The oil seemed to be an add-on in kits. She was ahead of her time. Certainly ahead of Josie and one of the first, even before Ojon, to search far off lands for unusual ingredients. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, passion fruit oil. One that I haven't tried, but would like to. High in vitamin A & potassium.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Maracuja oil for years on my face.  I buy it usually from Ulta on line.  I much prefer it to Argan oil.