Honored Contributor

Remember Holly Mordini from Smashbox?

She was the original Makeup Artist when QVC first launched this brand and she was the spokesperson on QVC for a long time. Well anyway, I ran into her in Illinois at a store, and I introduced myself and chatted with her for a while, she is just as beautiful in person as she is on television, and so very nice and gracious!

She is doing Interior design now and really loves it..

It was so fun to run into her, and she seemed surprised that I recognized her from QVC!!!  She moved from California to Illinois when she got married, and so she had to do something else, she did have her own Beauty Line for a while, but that didn't pan out, so she decided to try something she has always been interested in and voila!!!  It was fun chatting with her about makeup!

My husband was just standing there, and later said Only You would recognize someone from QVC......LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Remember Holly Mordini from Smashbox?

@CANDLEQUEEN   I had the same thing happen years ago with Michael O'Connor when I was visiting my sister in NY.  I stopped and chatted and he too was so nice, funny, gracias and a pleasure to talk to.  

Frequent Contributor

I remember Holly! Thanks for sharing, I often wonder what happened to certain people after they leave the Q.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too would have been impressed!  I remember her name but not her face.

The only QVC people I've run into are Jill Bauer ar the Wine & Spririts liquor store and Alberti at Michael's.  I didn't strike-up a conversation, however.    

Honored Contributor

I remember Holly.  Its nice to know that she is happy and doing well.  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Holly always seemed like such a lovely person. I always enjoyed watching her when she was on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN    You have a good memory.  This was from 2010.

Screenshot_20220718-084929_kindlephoto-847663198.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I remember Holly Mordini and I loved her presentations. Smashbox brushes, IMO, are the best. I miss the potted smudge eyeliner they had (wow, memories). I remember the theme music they used for those shows, and about 2 months ago on Sirius XM radio, that song was on and I immediately thought I miss those showson QVC.

Respected Contributor

It is difficult not to remember Holly Mordini.  The woman is gorgeous.  I just wish that she were back on television.  I enjoyed seeing her make-up tutorials when she was selling Smashbox.

Honored Contributor

I loved their brushes and their creme eyeliner. I told Holly how nice that potted eyeliner was, and how she gave a great tutorial on how to apply.

I see QVC has a nice selection of Smashbo products online, but no gel eyeliner and no shows....I can't remember the last time Smashbox had an actual show.