Regular Contributor

Relief for an itchy lash line

Every once in a while I noticed I get an itchy lash line. I have't used anyting new or diffrent, and it comes and goes. I don't get styes; just itchy and irritated. Any ideas over how to get some relief from this? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Relief for an itchy lash line

[ Edited ]

Try using Occusoft eyelid pads every morning.  These are so good to help eyelid issues. I use them for dry eyes myself. The best pricing for these is at Walmart, or Target.

They are in the department with eye drops in a dark blue box. 

Honored Contributor

Your itching is probably due to an allergy.  Could be from your eyeliner or other eye makeup or pollen.  Try some OTC allergy eye drops. 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Yes, during covid I got a stye.Never had one in my life . The eye dr contributed to mask wearing and clogging of eyelash pores He told me a few seniors were developing this condition. After ointment was eye done he told me to get Occusoft eyelid pads. I use them every night since snd morning wipe eye lids with cotton pads soaked in warm water or you can use baby shampoo. They are expensive so yes, Walmart your best bet. They run around &17 there but Cvs is much higher. I learned a lot about eye lid hygiene the summer of 2020.!
Honored Contributor

If you think you might have allergies then changing your pillowcase on your bed will help reduce allergens present while you're sleeping.

Respected Contributor

I invested in a small bedroom air cleaner that blows air forward, not up, and positioned it so it blows towards my face. All of my nighttime allergy issues improved substantially. Highly recommend.

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

Try using Occusoft eyelid pads every morning.  These are so good to help eyelid issues. I use them for dry eyes myself. The best pricing for these is at Walmart, or Target.

They are in the department with eye drops in a dark blue box. 

Occusoft comes in a wash in a pump bottle, I think its more economical than the pads, but you can cut those in half

Valued Contributor

@Glorimar 

Years ago an ophthalmologist suggested gently massaging  baby shampoo into the base of the eyelashes using warm water and a washcloth (eyes closed of course). 

Valued Contributor

I went to an eye doctor a few yrs ago for what seems to be the  same issue. He stated that it is Blephritis. Which in his terms was inflammation of the eyelash area. It comes from having dry eyes and also pollen and other allergy stuff. I was told that the best thing to do was to have a warm compress on the eyes for about 10 minutes or so a few times a day.

Perhaps you should go see an eye doctor and see what they say as you do not want to mess with your vision.

Regular Contributor

Have you had permanent eyeliner or use lash serums for longer lashes??  Both is those can cause itching!!