Frequent Contributor

I've been trying to switch to products that score a 0 - 1 on the EWG skin deep rating scale. It's pretty easy to do this for skin because I can just use an oil, but it was a little trickier with makeup. I found a line that was all 0 called rejuva minerals and just got my order today, so this is a preliminary review. The line does not contain titanium dioxide, mica or zinc oxide, so it is very different from traditional mineral lines. I thought that might help me because sometimes I get itchy from mineral makeup, even the bismuth oxychloride free brands. The products are rice powder based.

I ordered the mascara, the blush in soft rose and a trial size foundation in golden honey. I had a really hard time picking out what shade of foundation to order from the swatches, so I went by their description instead and fortunately ended up with the right shade. They have a description page that tells you what is an equivalent BE foundation. I use fairly light in BE and the recommended golden honey was the right match.

I did an application and so far I really like the finish. It is matte but not powdery and really evened out my skin tone nicely. My skin also feels really nice if I touch it, very soft. The blush shade, soft rose, is VERY pretty and creates a very natural rosey cheeked look. The mascara did a great job of darkening my lashes and thickened and lengthened a little bit. I don't use a lash curler anymore so I don't know about holding curl, but so far it has'nt smudged at all. I'll update if I have any problems. This line is not for anyone that likes dramatic makeup. Everything applies very soft and natural looking. That's what I really like so far about the products. I don't look like I have on any makeup at all, but my skin looks AMAZING!

So if you're looking for a line that has really good ingredients for sensitive skin I suggest you try it out. Check out the coupon link at the bottom left of the list and they have several different codes you can use. I'm hoping the line will work for me long term. I didn't order the concealer because I read the coverage isn't that great, so I used my BE original foundation just for spot coverage. The one product that I can't give up, though, no matter the ingredients, is MAC black track fluidline applied to upper inner r'im. I got a free pencil liner with my order so I'm going to see if it stays without smudging on waterline, but I don't have much faith in it because I've never found a pencil that doesn't smudge on my oily lids.